Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
A Thinker
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake
unsure

I have a recipe to make this cake - but I have 2 questions about the making of it and wondered if anyone can help me ....please - it sounds so yummy......

1st Its says to use canned pumpkin puree - can I use the cans that say 100% pumpkin (does not say if its puree and cant find the pureed kind in any stores) or should I run it through a blender?

2nd. Also says to use a 10 inch tube pan with a removable bottom I only have a 10 inch tube pan that has not got a removable bottom - do you think I will be able to use this instead?

Pardon me if I seem a little bit naive on this but my passion for baking has come alive and some things we just didn't have in the UK, so some help is needed in a few department's since I have come to live in America

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Canned pumpkin is pureed pumpkin.

As far as the pan, without having made it myself it's impossible to say. Make sure the pan is well lubed and flour and I'm guessing it should be ok. To my way of thinking, removable bottom pans are usually used for items that you don't want to turn over to remove, for example a cake that has a fruit topping.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Typically, a tube pan without a removable bottom is used for bundt cakes. The kind they are talking about is the kind used for angelfood cakes.

Since chiffon cakes typically require mixing of two separate batters - one with the whipped egg whites/one that's heavier with the egg yokes - then folding the one into the other, you need the angelfood cake pan for it's capacity. Chiffon cakes tend to raise quite a bit when done right.

Also, angelfood pans are usually aluminum and the cake "creeps" up the sides and clings which increases it's height. Bundt cake pans are usually non-stick and would impede the way it raises.

Forum Level:
A Thinker

Thank you very much for your helpfulness .... It is much appreciated. ... Now I need to go out and buy the removable bottom pan........

Elle x

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Well,

I got the tube pan and made the cake and it turned out yummy, I put some photo's up in my blog of it!

Make sure you have some cream with it though raspberry

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
That does look yummy! I see you got the kind of pan with the little "legs" on it. Excellent choice! Makes it far easier when you need to invert the pan for angelfood.

So.... ya gonna share the recipe? Huh? Huh? Huh? drool drool drool

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
This sounds yummy smile

Forum Level:
A Thinker
his princess - recipe on it's way :)
Just gotta type it out on here for ya smile bear with me raspberry

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake Recipe :)
You will need:
1 Cup Flour (All Purpose or plain)
1 3/4 cups Granulated sugar
1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
4 Large Eggs - whites and yolks seperated (at room temperature)
5 Egg whites (I used Liquid egg whites)(at room temperature)
1 cup of canned Pumpkin Pureé
Confectioner's sugar for dusting (Icing sugar)

Here's What Ya do:

Preheat the oven to 325F.
In a LARGE bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
In a MEDIUM bowl, combine the egg yolks and the canned pumpkin pureé. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.

Using an electric mixer (I used my hand held one) with the whisk attachment, whip the 9 egg whites at medium speed speed until foamy, about 2 minutes. With the machine still running, gradually whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, increase the speed to high and beat until stiff but still moist 1-2 minutes.
(sound familiar?) lol.

Add one-quarter of the egg white mixture to the pumpkin batter, folding with a rubber spatula just until no streaks remain. Repeat this process with the remaining egg white mixture until none remain..

Pour the batter into a 10 inch tube pan with a removable bottom.

Bake until a cake tester (tooth pick) inserted in the centre comes out clean, approx 55 minutes.

Let Cool for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a narrow-necked bottle. (I got the pan with legs on and just inverted it over my cooling rack in a cooler room) let hang upside down until it has completely cooled, about 1 1/2 hours.

Place the cake right side up and remove the pan.

To Serve, dust with the confectioner's sugar.

It is nice served with some whipped cream smile Enjoy and good luck

[IMG]http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b451/Ellefoxie/PumpkinChiffonCake.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b451/Ellefoxie/PumpkinChiffonCakeBirdseyeViewFinished.jpg[/IMG]

Other pics are in my blog. grin

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
I totally have to make this. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
This seems yummy...

Forum Level:
A Thinker
So wtf is it then - you just post and don't explain what it is - Not everyone is a mind reader!

OR

You just don't share!

tongue

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Ellefoxie said: So wtf is it then - you just post and don't explain what it is - Not everyone is a mind reader!

OR

You just don't share!

tongue

Raven, the recipe too dammit!

OK, I don't have a pic for this but I have made it. Pumpkin Angel Food Cake. Making this is easier than masturbating, I swear. You need one box of Angel Food cake mix, the one step kind. Then you need 1 can of pumpkin, a standard size can, the size you use for making one pie. And one teaspoon of your fav pumpkin spices. The box will tell you to mix with 1 1/4 cup of water. Don't do that, instead use only 1 cup of water, the can of pumpkin and the spice. Otherwise you mix and bake and cool according to the box instructions. It makes a light and fluffy, somewhat moist (not actually wet) pumpkin flavored angle food cake.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Now Lenny that sounds delightful - i must try that one as well smile ... Thank you for sharing.

Elle x