Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
XP
Well Windows XP is to be abandoned from the 8th of April.
It is a major move.
ohmy huh sad mellow

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
I understand that the UK Gov are not going to buy windows 8, in retaliation to Mirosoft stopping support to XP.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
JoannaSlinky
I gather the Chinese gov't is banning Windows 8 but if the UK gov't does likewise, then that's nuts. Why should Microsoft provide indefinite support for an old product?

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Interesting that XP had the slackest control of licensing ? one copy could become a lot of copies. scared

and 8 must be purchased, before it will work. crying

Just an interesting snippet of a Conspiracy Theory? smoke

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
woderwick said: Interesting that XP had the slackest control of licensing ? one copy could become a lot of copies. scared

and 8 must be purchased, before it will work. crying

Just an interesting snippet of a Conspiracy Theory? smoke

Interesting.
I brought one comp that did not have the windows seal on it.
They found out (uk)

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Raven2005 said: I understand that the UK Gov are not going to buy windows 8, in retaliation to Mirosoft stopping support to XP.

While I appreciate your humorous spin on events, I highly doubt there is any truth in it. I can't see the UK Government retaliating in such a way, I can see them not upgrading to Windows 8 simply because it isn't best suited to their needs though, Windows 7 is the obvious upgrade path.

Besides Microsoft has only dropped XP support for the average pleb, you can still pay for a support package. smile

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
Species 5618. said:
Raven2005 said: I understand that the UK Gov are not going to buy windows 8, in retaliation to Mirosoft stopping support to XP.

While I appreciate your humorous spin on events, I highly doubt there is any truth in it. I can't see the UK Government retaliating in such a way, I can see them not upgrading to Windows 8 simply because it isn't best suited to their needs though, Windows 7 is the obvious upgrade path.

Besides Microsoft has only dropped XP support for the average pleb, you can still pay for a support package. smile

Still no problems with XP without support here.
Any info about this support package for XP ?

JoannaSlinky
As I understand it, "XP support" doesn't mean being able to make a phone call to a techie when smoke and flames erupt from your tower ... although that kind of support is something one can pay for as an optional extra.

XP Support means the patching of newly-discovered system vulnerabilities and the distribution of these fixes via Automatic Updates. I gather this ceased several months ago.