Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
NamelessHero2
to all you heavy metal fans: what's the NON-metal band/singer you love?
I know, having been a "metalhead" myself for 25 years, that many "generic" artists are considered by the metal community to be too "ridiculous" to listen to. But as far as I know, there's always that band, or that artist, you will love no matter what, even if it has nothing to do with rock music.
Here are some of my "skeletons in the closet":
- Bananarama (they remind me of my childhood, one of their songs was the first I ever selected in a jukebox, at age 5, and they always had a special place in my heart)
- Most of Irish folk music (there's something magic in that ancient style)
- Many "italo disco" acts of the 80's (my childhood, again)
- 2 Unlimited (the best techno dance act, in my opinion)
- The KLF (absolute fools, but absolute geniuses as well!)
- Propaganda (their first album is maybe the best composed and arranged work in the electro pop genre)
and, well... many others. To me, is doesn't matter if it's death metal or hip hop, music is art and I love it all.

Now, I'd like to know about YOUR skeletons in the closet! wink

If this thread breaks our rules please 
johnewad69
Non Metal Bands/Singers I like:

The 80's were definitely fun...
Duran Duran
Flock of Seagulls
Missing Persons
Scandal
Thomas Dolby
Men at Work
Split Enz
Squeeze
Samantha Fox
The Pretenders
The Clash
Just to name a few... smile

If this reply breaks our rules please 
smiile
Hi NamelessHero2, hey there jw!

Have also been a fan of Metal for 25 years, mostly NWOBHM, but I have to say...I've listened to a lot of Prince, Talking Heads, Disco ( mostly Black artists like S.O.S. Band, Ritchie Family, Chic, etc..), + tons of post-punk like New Order, Depeche Mode, B-52s, Comsat Angels, Propaganda, Kissing The Pink... also, a lot of older prog like ealy Genesis, Yes, Tangerine Dream and many other, more obscure groups.

Also love Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Brazilian Girls...could go on and on naming artists and bands.

Among my favorite voices in the non Metal genres : Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance), Sade, Chris Cornell, Gwen Mcrae, Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Bernard Sumner, Jim Kerr, Kate Bush...+ many more.

Cheers music lovers! beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
My musical tastes are so varied that nothing really counts as a guilty pleasure....my mp3 player ranges metal to country, jazz to 80's pop, bluegrass to classical, classic rock to big band/swing...but I must admit the 80's were great for pure fun music....Duran Duran, Prince, Men At Work and Naked Eyes being my favorites. Even so, I guess my three "guilty pleasures" would be...

Wall of Voodoo's Mexican Radio

The Vapor's Turning Japanese

Dexys Midnight Runners' Come On Eileen

Forum Level:
Just getting started
nofx, billy joel, the replacements, prince, jay-z. the list goes on and on.

holycabbage
The tea party, trans siberian orchestra, mostly autumn, spock's beard to name a few

holycabbage
The tea party, trans siberian orchestra, mostly autumn, spock's beard to name a few

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I'm like humps I listen to quite a few different genres. Punk, heavy metal, top 40, hip hop, regular rock and roll, not very much of that country crap tho... crying

But if you want to know what I'm hiding in the closet....

Well, thats Mr Barry Manilow of course!

thumbup thumbup thumbup

Njfreebird
As a child of the 70's and 80's I am a. Big classic rock fan as well as a fan of 80's music in general. The funny thing is that I hated 80's pop during the time but after all these years that music brings back memories of mtv and some great times in my youth so now I like hearing it.

NamelessHero2
Still me, the OP!
There's an 80's band that I recently re-discovered and I can say they were (still are) amazing musicians: 20 years ago I'd never have the guts to say this, but now I have to admit I love Duran Duran!
(their music only LOL )

lookn4fun14
Air Supply
Hall and Oates
Cher

BlackMetalBeast
Paul Weller, what a guy.

Lesterdowns
Love metal. Love music. Yesterday i bought a Satyricon cd and a Lana del Ray cd. I love Marilyn Manson and i love Dolly Parton. Theres far too much good music, it would be daft to just listen to one type.

Njfreebird
I also love bad company ...not metal but some great hard rock and Paul Rodgers had an amazing voice

NamelessHero2
Lesterdowns, you nailed it! Reminds me of when I bought a Running Wild CD, a Judas Priest CD and a Bananarama CD and the guy in the record store looked at me with a "WTF!" kind of face! grin

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I like a lot of non metal stuff. I love 80s pop music. In the 80s I would listen to Dark Angel and then after that would put on some Duran Duran. I also like classical, jazz and Blues. I like some country like Johnny Cash and Charlie Daniels.

Metalheads tend to be more open minded about other genres of music than non-metalheads.

Kreacher
All kinds of 50s-70s rock... Rush, Zeppelin, Doors, Beatles, Who etc...

Slayer is one of my favorite bands and 80s Thrash metal albums were a lot of the first albums I owned, but I've since expanded into a lot of 70s rock.

It makes it pretty enteraining to just listen to everything on full shuffle now, having it jump from a song like Necrophobic by Slayer to something like Pennies From Heaven by Sinatra

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Pink Floyd
Simple Minds
Morphine
The Tragically Hip
Frank Zappa

and many more

Kreacher
I'll go with a non metal/rock pick and say I love Taylor Swift.

The instruments/singing is fine, but I especially like her lyrics. She was heavily influenced by 70s folk music (being named after James Taylor, and even mentioning him directly in a few songs), and her lyrical content reflects that in a lot of places, especially on the albums Speak Now and Red, which were actually closer to folk rock than country in a lot of places.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Great singers
I also love many genres of music, but metal will always be close to heart. Metal music such as Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, my favorite PANTERA . AND SO MUCH MORE. Metal music can turn a horrible day peaceful. The rage in the music soothes me.
But now for the question at hand. A few of my favorite , non-metal singers are,
Morgan Wade, boys to men, Elvis, Jewel, actually named my youngest daughter Jewel.
And many more.
Metalhead for life! Turn it up and have a drink on me! beer