Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
sloppy_joe
lost family recipes?????
my paternal grandmother(#1) was english... by contrast my maternal grandmother(#2) was french canadian

grandmother #1 boiled and over cooked everything although i still liked her clear broth clam chowder with clams, onions, potatoes and carrots... and her poached eggs... and her chicken soup...

grandmother #2 used a variety of cooking methods and game but never much spice other than salt & pepper but was heavy with onion... and again OVERCOOKED everything.. including every sunday roast we had at her house.

my mother tamed the overcooking.... a bit....

so i have very few good recipes i can use from either side... and my wife has few as well... we tend to make as we go and our girls seem to take on more than we from our parents and grandparents......

how is it in your family??????

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
You have a wife?

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Both my mom and dad were good cooks but I don't have many recipes from them. I didn't know my grandparents much as we lived 1000 miles from them but when we visited we always had great meals.

sloppy_joe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YOU have parents????? you appear to have been hatched and orphaned......

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Even those of us who were hatched have parents.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Dunno about that, Lenny. Dad always said a bird shit on a stump and the sun hatched me out. crying

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
My aunt used to make sweet potato patties for every holiday dinner. It's a lost recipe and needs to stay that way.

boinkit
Loads of family recipies, both cooking and baking, mom taught me to bake bread, make peppermint patties, donuts, short bread cookies, puffed wheat squares, banana bread and apple pie. the only non family recipe is for this wicked orange pound cake that uses one and a half cups of butter and one cup of sour cream drool

curious48
from way back...
[IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u462/Mickiepics/a475090c.jpg[/IMG]

written on the back - chicken or beef may be used instead of mammoth smile

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
juice, blend or nuke,
if you cant juice it, blend it or nuke it in under 3 minutes, it aint in my recipe book *lix*

Forum Level:
Just getting started
My parents were not poor, but had a very modest income. Mom stayed at home with the kids and made everything from scratch with only rare exceptions. Like she bought loaves of bread from the day-old store, but made and baked her own pot pies, pastries and such. Bought meats from the butcher shop and ground them herself by hand. Dad was and is an expert at Texas-style outdoor cooking, but not much else.

I only have a 6-8 of Mom's (and other family members') recipes, and they are all in my head, no cards. My parents recently sold their house and moved into an apartment in a retirement community and had to get rid of a ton of stuff, and I was afraid the recipe box didn't make the move. (They are in their 80's now). But I went to go visit them a few months ago and the recipes were there! thumbup And my sister has a big recipe file of her own so I am sure I will get Mom's eventually.

I have a full-time job so I don't have time to do everything from scratch like mom did. But I try to emulate her cooking as much as I can. I bake my own bread in a machine, grind my own meats, chop my own veggies, and avoid fully prepared meals as much as possible.