Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Windows Support Center Scam
While at my PC I received an unsolicited telephone call from someone who spoke in a thick East Indian accent. He claimed to be from an organization called the "Windows Support Center."

He claimed that they had received an unusually large number of error messages from my PC, demonstrating that I had been invaded by a dangerous malware virus. He wanted me to download some software to solve the problem.

Because I have had experience with this kind of scam before, I did not give him any information about me. I did not download anything. Instead I asked him for his telephone number. He gave me (602)903-2109.

When I did an internet search for Windows Support Center and the telephone number I got this:

-----

602-903-2109 by Michael A. on Jan. 27, 2014 06:46 pm
“DO NOT CALL them. They are part of that "Windows Support Center" scam (Indian accents) that calls you and tells you that your computer has alerted them to being infected by viruses. They then take you to your Windows Event Viewer show you a few warning messages that are normal to all computers to try and mislead you into thinking this is proof of being infected. They then ask you to go to a website and download software which will all them at "the support center" the ability to remotely connect to your computer and game over they will have access to everything ”
http://whatnumberis.com/602-903-2109/phone-number.html

-----

If you get a call like that, do not give the person any information about yourself, or your computer. After you hang up it is probably a good idea to do an area wide scan of your computer.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Many times on UK television and radio progammes you will hear people telling you that this is a 'rip-off' and AVOID like the plague !

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
I like to tell them that their English is atrocious and I can't understand them, then I tell them that I can hear them turning the pages of their script. After that I ask them how long it's gonna take them to hang up because I'm not gonna fall for their BS.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Windows call centre
I used to get this phone call at least once a week and knew it was a scam. Finally I have worked out how to get rid of them. Last time I said that that was extremely interesting that they had found that I had a virus etc in my windows system When they asked why, I told them that I have Apple. 'Clunk' was the reply and have not heard from them in months. I do have windows but what's in a little white lie now and then, LOL.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I used that to baffle them, saying I had a Mac and was using Safari !

_forreal_
While at my PC I received an unsolicited telephone call from someone who spoke in a thick East Indian accent. He claimed to be from an organization called the "Windows Support Center."[quote/]

That was me Zee. Don`t think your not being watched. angry So cut the shit.glare You did what you did and that is all there is too it.glare

Not a scam at all. Your just bewildered. wink

_forreal_
^^^^^^^^^^
Everything is grayed up there and shouldn`t be. I believe that we are both under attack and being scammed. A scammer is scamming the scammer.

Wonder if springtime will ever arrive?unsure