Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Videos now in MP4 / HTML5
What does this mean?

It means they now play on iPads smile

Also, we have improved the size and quality - enjoy!

jerk

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Can't get vids to play. No play button and when I click the image nothing happens. Mp4 doesn't seem to work either. angry

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
in the best Montgomery Burns voice: EGGGSELENT grin

the full screen button is AWESOME thumbup

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Can't stand it. Takes to long to load and play and it seems you're just asking for people to steal your vids this way. I'll have to seriously think about ever posting another vid

Forum Level:
Just getting started
mp4
They will download however they do not play on windows media player.Why change the viewing system, as it now limits viewing pleasure.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
chargingram said: ... it seems you're just asking for people to steal your vids this way. I'll have to seriously think about ever posting another vid

Huh? Vids have ALWAYS been downloadable in WMV format. Absolutely no change as far as "stealability" goes.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
VIDS ARE NOT PLAYING....What do I need to do to get them to play?

CVFD15
Vids will not play, MP4 does not work, at least not from my home computer.
Some changes are not for the better, not much use in paying for premium membership
if our perks are going away.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
On a Mac ... the new MP4 videos display OK in the NN viewer, whether the default online view is used or the MP4 online view is used.

However, when downloaded, the videos end up with a file extension of ".mp4.mpg" instead of just ".mp4". This may confuse one's offline viewer program. If one's offline viewer software keys only on the right most file extension rather than on a run time analysis of what is actually in the file then the video may not display properly. For example, a file ending in ".mp4.mpg" shows up in my version of the Mac system default Quicktime Player as a sound file rather than a video file while VLC played it properly.

Changing the ".mp4.mpg" extension into just ".mp4" solved the problem for my version of Quicktime Player.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
It's so fucking slow loading which totally sucks when weeding through them all to find what you need at any given time was already a time consuming chore.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
works well for me
i haven't had any issues, knock on wood!

alcapone96
What a cock-up! You've just tripled your out going bandwidth and pissed a load of people off - 18 min video 1GB file size, how many people can stream that quick? Simple maths shows me:

1GB / 18min = 55MB / min = 0.9MB / sec

1MB = approx. 8Mb

So we need a download speed of 7.2Mb to be able to stream the video.

I'm guessing very little thought went into the change of video format?

For those who don't understand the difference between MB and Mb, broadband speeds are measured in Mb (mega-bit) and not MB (mega-byte). A byte is 8 bits, hence 1MB = 8Mb.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I still can't play the videos by simply clicking on the picture. Nothing happens. I did have a pop up to load Quicktime so I thought that was what I needed, so I loaded it. Still doesn't work and the mp4 takes too damn long! angry angry angry angry angry

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Using Explorer the new video bar at the base does not appear and the image is like a photo.

Using Google Chrome the video bar works OK + the icon to show the video in 'full screen' size !

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
The vids now ask me if I want to open them or save them. Save them? For what? I just want people to see my vids not be able to save them and I know they can save them anyway but they don't need the computer to ask the if they want them saved. This was not an improvement in any way. If you wanted to see the vid in full length before all you had to do was click but now you don't have the choice. It's full screen all the way all the time. Old way was so much better. You could watch a vid in seconds after you clicked on it. Now it's minutes and from the feedback of some of them here, they can't watch it all!

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor

I'm lucky to have Chrome as a fallback, not seen is Safari is OK yet ?

Forum Level:
Just getting started
> ... not seen of Safari is OK yet ?

The videos work OK in Safari on a Mac.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor

Just checked out my videos using Safari and they work fine, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad ?

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
NN why don't you have a response?

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Works fine for me - Windows 7, Google Chrome. thumbup1 thumbup1 2c 2c 2c

bundja
Windows 7,Firefox doesn't work ?

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Would have been nice to have received SOME sort of notice of this change and what to do about it! I can't see videos....what about it NN? You gonna refund my money if I can't view the videos?????

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I experienced the following on an old laptop running Windows XP (SP3) on a very high speed connection.

While using Explorer 8, the videos displayed OK in the NN online viewer after clicking on the the play triangle button. Most started right away as before, some took a few seconds to start up.

When I tried using the MP4 link, Windows Media Player 10 popped up and said could not play the file type. Updated to Windows Media Player 11 and it also said could not play the file type. Did a bit of Internet searching that suggested that it might be possible to download some non Microsoft codecs that would enable Windows Media Player to play mp4 videos. Having had bad experiences in the past with non MS codecs I decided to download and install the free VLC Media Player instead.

Installed the free VLC Media Player and restarted the laptop. Started up Explorer 8 again. Videos started and displayed OK as before when I just clicked on the triangle play button in the NN online viewer. Now though, if I click on the MP4 link, a dialog appears asking if I want to open or save the video. If I select the open option, the video appears to be downloaded in its entirety into my default VLC folder (saved as a file ending in a ".mpg" extension) and then automatically starts playing in a VLC Media Player window. If I select the save option, a save dialog appears showing the default VLC folder. Clicking OK then downloads the video as before but it does not then start to play automatically. In order to see the video after using the save option, I must find the video file, and then double click on it, which starts VLC and shows the video.

Not making any suggestions ... just reporting how the new videos work for me on an old system.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
51woody said: Would have been nice to have received SOME sort of notice of this change and what to do about it! I can't see videos....what about it NN? You gonna refund my money if I can't view the videos?????

I hope you are are not expecting to be kept informed are you, remember when the cams went down for nearly 3 days and not a sound was heard from this site, ONLY its members !

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I keep clicking on the image and hoping to see the vids in thier old format but nothing happens. Am I clicking on the image wrong? confused

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
woderwick says it again: in the best Montgomery Burns voice: Fukn EGGGSELENT grin

the full screen button is Fukn AWESOME thumbup

Don't change a thing. happydance yahoo

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Sleep
Sorry for the late response but you know a thing called sleep gets in the way occasionally.

Do not worry - all issues will be resolved.

I am now working to compile a list of the issues.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Speed issue and IE 9 issue should be resolved.

Please advise any other issues here.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
YAY! It's back!

Forum Level:
Just getting started
This info is for users limited to older PCs and Windows XP.

Microsoft says that XP is no longer supported and that Explorer 8 is its last browser for XP. My experience is that hacks that claim to enable Explorer 9 and later to work with XP are likely to be unreliable.

My experience is that trying to use Windows Media Player 9,10,and 11 with XP won't play MP4 videos unless you install a 3rd party MP4 codec. I don't recommend trying that. So, Explorer 8 + Windows Media Player isn't likely to get you safely to MP4 video.

Earlier today, on an old XP laptop, I tried Explorer 8 plus Apple Quicktime for Windows v6.5 (obsolete). It would display the new videos in the NN online viewer window but not via the MP4 link.

I then uninstalled Apple's free Quicktime for Windows v6.5 and I downloaded and installed the latest version of Apple Quicktime for Windows which is v7.7.3. Worked better but proved unreliable. I could then use Explorer 8 to display some but not all of the new videos via the MP4 link. Some videos came up blank and some hung Explorer 8 until I gave up and xxxxxx it to quit.

My last experiment was to install Apple's free Safari browser for Windows v5.1.7. That worked for me!

So, one suggestion for reliable NN MP4 video on an old PC limited to XP would be ...

0. Before doing anything else create a Windows system restore point in case any of the following steps screw up.

1. Update your version of XP to at least Service Pack 2 and preferably to Service Pack 3 plus all other available optional updates. Then run Explorer 8 and use its update menu item to make sure that you have the latest version of Explorer 8.

Create a Windows system restore point with a new name.

2. Next install Quicktime for Windows v7.7.3. If you already have a version of Quicktime that is less than v7.7.3 then uninstall the old version first. Technically installing v7.7.3 on top of the older version should be OK but from experience with many earlier versions of Quicktime I would not trust doing it that way. Restart your PC afterwards.

Create a Windows system restore point with a new name.

3. Next install Apple's free Safari browser for Windows v5.1.7. Restart your PC afterwards.

4. Test on NN.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
NN;

Thank you for trying to improve the site by advancing the video feature to MP4 quality! thumbup