Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
schweddy_balls
model building... a lost hobby???
when i was a kid my friends and i would always be building a model...plane.. car.. ship/boat ect.... they mostly came from a company named REVELL were not expensive... they fueled the sales of model glue and paints... later in college.... for architecture... i had to take a model building class... if you wanted to build it you had build a model... as a presentation to the prospective clients... those childhood modeling skills turned out to be a great tool in later years.....

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
I used to build them all the time....still have a couple of model cars I built back in high school. Sadly, I have one kit now that has been a work-in-progress for almost 10 years....and it's a model of my car!

One of my friends from work still does models. He buys kits from japan and Europe....much more detailed than anything Revell or Monogram ever made. Everything he builds is military....tanks and aircraft mainly. I have photos of one of his models....a WWII German Ju-87 dive bomber....that look so real you expect to see the pilot open the canopy and climb out of the cockpit. He's built tank dioramas that are on display at several military bases. Downfall, that kind of detail usually involves anywhere from 6 months to a year of build time.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
The time I spent building models of aircraft (and modifying the kits from Revell and Monogram) led me to designing my own ultralight that looked very close to the X-wing fighter from Star Wars. Currently, working on the exhaust system for small engines to make them sound like 2,200 horsepower B-29 engines. If successful, I will (one day) have an ultralight that looks and sounds like a Superfortress.

freekforpussy
Models
I like to build em

[img][/img[

This is a 1/40 th scale science fiction model from a Japanese comic series .

It is from a company called Wave , excellent kit , almost went together with out glue .

Machinen something Kreiger ( MaK ) I built it in a desert camo for a competition .

I build military from about Vietnam onwards , science fiction and cars , only built a couple of aircraft , both Huey helicopters .

pizza pizza beer beer

Carry on

freekforpussy
edit

beer beer beer bounce bounce bounce

carry on

notspecial
Cars
I dont build them but i collect (top end) 1:18 mazerati's cars .... I know I need a life yahoo

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Two of the guys at my work regularly do this. When it's a weekend or night shift, they bring out a box with their current project & one of them has a toolbox that I'd be happy with in my garage, although it's full of things a lot smaller than I'd use on a daily basis.

As to models, my ones of preference are r/c and powered, preferably reciprocating engine powered, noisy and really smelly. I've got a couple of half-done projects I've not completed I want to finish one day, unfortunately difficulty in getting some of the stuff i want/need (large sheets of super thin marine ply) has been a bit of a spanner in the works though and stopped the build in it's tracks. I want to finish one day, and perhaps take them out with my kid to have fun with smile

Also I used to do the warhammer model thing, the lead model thing. Lots of fun, shame they don't use lead any more :-\.

freekforpussy
More models
Heres the Tamiya Humvee I built as a Desert Shield Military Police hummvee

pizza pizza pizza beer beer beer beer beer beer

Carry on

freekforpussy
Australian Centurion Mark IV
And heres the AFV Club 1/35th scale kit of the Australian Army's Centurion Mark IV , Built as " BUKU BOOM BOOM " ( big bang , I suppose ) cerca 1969

Charlie dont surf !!!

burger burger burger burger beer beer beer beer

freekforpussy
Gundam
This is Bandai's 144 th scale " Blitz Gundam " , its from a Japanese cartoon/comic series .

I built this for a sci-fi competition

Cool suit

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
Nice work freek. The Hummer looks real enough you'd expect a squad to climb out and start a foot patrol. thumbup1

freekforpussy
More
Thanks humpers , heres a few more

Tamiya 1/35th scale M113 ACAV , Vietnam

Two Hueys , cant remember the manufacturers 1/35th scale slick , and Revells 1/72nd scale Gunship

Hasegawa Subaru WRC

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
thumbup1

VTCali
I was never any good at building models. I was good with Lego though.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I got into it for a while, a few years ago. Even painted them halfway decent. A couple airplanes (B52, F105, & a Backfire Bomber) and a battleship (Tirpitz).

Forum Level:
Just getting started
My Dad built all the WW2 warbirds and I played with them carefully until I was old enough to build my own. Planes,knights,Universal monsters,Mann from Uncle and of course all kinds of cars. I know we blew a lot up with fireworks.
I've got a lot of inbuilt kits I have picked up over the years. Someday.smile

hardwood95
plastic kits
I did a few ships as a kid, then model cars when I was about 14 or so,,,airplanes were my biggest thrill starting at about age 10. Saved a few of each stored away since. Then I had an awful surgery recovery back in late 80's, and got back to doing airplanes, mostly in 1/72 scale. Healing took a few years, so the airplane gallery hanging in one room got up to about 285 planes. Then about 50 more in 1/48th. Stopped building and collecting mostly now,except for a few new aircraft/drones/UAVs that have been developed. But not building 5 at one time for 24 hour stints like I used to back in those days.!!

Night Flight
Lost when we're gone
Yes, I don't believe today's culture appreciates independent effort, skill and craftsmanship. Certainly there is no patience. I saved for a year to get a radio control car ($25)when I was a kid. Now my little niece at 8 years old is on her 2nd $300 whatever pad.
You can't blame the kids. When I was a child, there was a hobby shop or two in every town. It was normal to build airplanes, rockets, train layouts, slot racers.
A few years ago, I went to Toys 'R' Us and asked for a plastic scale model kit. The clerk had to get the manager, as he had no idea what I was speaking about. The manager told me "kids today don't have those skills."
Anyway, I like aircraft. I built a Cessna 172, Gates Learjet, and am doing a DC-10, Wright Flyer, Buddy Holly's plane and an F-14.
So, it ain't dead, but it's dying.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Hobby
I've been building plastic models for 40 yrs,cars/trucks,and when my stepdad passed away he left me all his wooden ship building materials,tools,etc.so 2 months ago,I decided to give ship building a go and now I can't get enough of it.rite now I'm restoring a 1860 wooden ship(pirate type).it was given to me 10 yrs ago and was in bad shape.most parts were missing,I've replaced most of them by scratch building them,I'm hooked for now

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I do build on a nearly regular basis if finances allows it. Mostly of the mecha variety (gundam and the like). It's really a staple in my life because it allows me to destress, not to mention it helps me keep my ADD in check, seeing as you need to be able to concentrate to build and paint.

marriedbi52
freekforpussy said: Heres the Tamiya Humvee I built as a Desert Shield Military Police hummvee

pizza pizza pizza beer beer beer beer beer beer

Carry on

The dirt's a nice detail!

marriedbi52
Built tons of cars! Remember when they gave 3 options to build? Stock, drag, etc... Always lots of extra motors, tires, etc left over. Detroit auto show used to have tables at the back of the show for youth model builders. I once won 1st place at it by using the chrome parts stringers & extra parts they gave & built a rail dragster from scratch!

marriedbi52
Night Flight said: Yes, I don't believe today's culture appreciates independent effort, skill and craftsmanship. Certainly there is no patience. I saved for a year to get a radio control car ($25)when I was a kid. Now my little niece at 8 years old is on her 2nd $300 whatever pad.
You can't blame the kids. When I was a child, there was a hobby shop or two in every town. It was normal to build airplanes, rockets, train layouts, slot racers.
A few years ago, I went to Toys 'R' Us and asked for a plastic scale model kit. The clerk had to get the manager, as he had no idea what I was speaking about. The manager told me "kids today don't have those skills."
Anyway, I like aircraft. I built a Cessna 172, Gates Learjet, and am doing a DC-10, Wright Flyer, Buddy Holly's plane and an F-14.
So, it ain't dead, but it's dying.

And now Toys R Us is obsolete also....GOOD! The union busting bastards!

fitdick99
i used to build them all the time. mostly Airfix 1/72 except ships which were 1/600 full hulled type. when i got tired of them i blew them up with powder from fireworks and shotshells. my very first model was an airfix 1/72 Northrop F5.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I did the plastic model thing when I was a kid.....I loved it. Now I'm into 1:10 scale nitro powered RC cars and trucks. So damn expensive but lots of fun.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I haven't done any model building since the 90's...

My B-52 is missing an engine pylon thanks to the cat. My Backfire bomber is also a casualty. The F-105 Thunderbird is missing a landing gear. sad The C-130 Herky bird is still in one piece, though. The Tirpitz luckily managed to escape destruction.