Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
internet browsers
I use Google Chrome and Internet Explorer for browsers. In the past I used Mozilla Firefox, but I had problems with it. I think part of it was invaded by a virus.

What browsers do you recommend, and why? I have heard that Internet Explorer is less secure than other browsers. Do you agree? One of the things I appreciate about Google Chrome is that it has a built in spell check. Internet Explorer does not have one.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Firefox or Chrome. Why? Because I.E. SUCKS OUT LOUD and always has.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
jonjk
Dick Gozinia said: Firefox or Chrome. Why? Because I.E. SUCKS OUT LOUD and always has.

Like I said in a previous thread, always the critisism and fuck all to back it up.

raspberry

Zee, suggest you Google browsers, IE got a reputation mainly because most people used it so malware producers targeted it more than the other browsers.
No browser is 100% safe, they couldn't afford to be, they couldn't possibly cover 'all' the software and 'add on's' people use and as soon as vulnerabilities are exposed they're patched. That applies to all browsers.

Use whichever you like, it's your choice and believe me, there's nothing much between them. If the spell check is important to you, well that's a good enough reason to use that one.
One thing to bear in mind is always keep the updates current whichever you choose. It's a prime reason for infections is not keeping stuff updated. thumbup1

NamelessHero2

No browser is 100% safe

This is the key. All of them have their ups and downs, there is no "perfect" browser.
IE is the most targeted by virus developers, simply because it has the largest market share. The same goes with Windows vs. Linux: Most viruses are on Win because 90% of computers has Win installed. Simple as that.

That being said, Internet Explorer 9 is considerably better than the previous versions: faster, more stable, more user friendly, and so on. But since it is compatible only with Win Vista and Seven, those people still using XP are cut out.

Firefox: great, lovely browser, highly customizable. It has some flaws when it comes to websites which were developed with IE in mind (developers' fault!). But the thing that I hate about Firefox is Mozilla's choice to release a MAJOR version every three months! This means that many plug-ins suitable for version 7 won't work with version 8, for example. That's simply too much, too fast and unconceivable in a corporate environment. And that's why I don't recommend Firefox anymore, despite its undeniable quality.

Google Chrome: fast, light, essential. But with the same problem as Firefox: major releases rushed out every few months. Overall a solid browser, only a bit too invasive (toolbar, updater, etc.)

Safari: simply put, it's perfect for Apple Macs but suffers on Windows. It's got all the bells and whistles you could ask for, but you can tell it was conceived for Macs and that's the environment in which it has no rivals.

Opera: last but not least, to me Opera is the best alternative to IE on a Win platform. It's up to date, it's reasonably fast, it's solid. A few minor flaws but I repeat, to me it's the best choice to replace IE.

Only my 2cents, of course smile

Jack2k4
Google Chrome all the way. Unfortunately have to use Firefox at work due to web based programs that are not fully compatible with Chrome, but I'll use Firefox or Opera or any other web browser out there before I'll use IE. 6, 7, 8, or 9, I hate em all.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
PC: Firefox, with I.E. for a few websites that unfortunately do not play well with anything else. I've tried Chrome, it's not too bad, but still not a huge fan of it. Safari is nifty, but yes, definitely a massively mac centric browser, with what feels to be only a courtesy nod towards pc's.

Android phone: Up until i upgraded from gingerbread to ICS Dolphin and firefox got equal share as my main browser. Since the upgrade Opera has gotten a good try and is the one I go to most on my phone.

mac: safari & firefox.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
win 10 browsers
I learned early in the life of personal PC`s to rely more on alternatives,including browsers.I never use IE.I have tried Chrome,but rarely use it.Some it`s easy to deal with ad blockers & pop ups.Some are more user friendly depending on the sites and if,you need to chat or web mail.The ones that I currently use the most on Win 10 are: Firefox,Vivaldi,Min,K- Melon, Falkon,Epic, and Cyberfox.