Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
The "Gripe About Your Car/Truck" thread
Since we have all the "your favorite car" discussion elsewhere; here's where you come to gripe and complain. What about your ride has made you mad as hell lately?

Mine just screwed me today....it needed two new front tires and new catalytic converters to pass state inspection. The tires were $150...not so bad....but the catalytic converters were $350 scared

...and I had to order them 'cuz nobody keeps 'em in stock crying

Go ahead...yell, scream, whine...it won't help, but it'll make ya feel better tongue

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Renaldo_Moon
Rego next week mad $560 odd dollars later glare

Kicked the wheel alignment out on the ute a while ago without realizing.
$1000 for new tyres thanks for coming crying

If this reply breaks our rules please 
_forreal_
This morning when I went to work I stopped to get gas. I noticed that my freaking tire was almost flat. It was ok when I left the house. I put air in it and went back home and parked it the garage. I would fix the tire Saturday. I took the truck to work. When I got home I noticed the fucking tire on my car was still inflated and not flat with the same amount of pressure in it as was in the morning when I brought it back home. blink WTF? confused

Well, still have got to pull it off and check it out. Maybe a nail or something. When the car sits just right it may not be leaking out.cool

Now if I would have filled the tire and continued to work it would have been flatter than a pancake at the end of the day when I got back to the yard. sneaky

Shy_guy_84
Need new alloys for mine, they are so corroded and the edges are so sharp that they are now puncturing the types, thats going to be another 400-600quid for alloys and another 400 for tyres

KockShotz
my truck wont get 30mpg sad

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
auto related gripe....why don't auto parts stores hire people that know something about cars? blink

had to get an intake gasket for the truck earlier...I pretty much had to pull the damn part up on the computer and show the guy at Autozone where it was on the fucking shelf curse

he's not the worst. I had one guy years ago swear that Toyota made a 2 wheel drive Landcruiser...just to fuck with him, one of my friends asked about radiator hoses and a water pump for a 1971 VW Superbeetle devil

...no shit. he played with his computer...and said that they didn't have them in stock....but they could order them blink confused laugh

I almost felt bad when I told him that the VW Beetle had an air cooled engine...no water pump or radiator tongue

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
LMAO...

Sounds like the guys at the local autozone here Haps.

I got to Orielly's for all my parts now. They have two employee's, a manager and assistant manager that are former mechanics.

thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
meh. our O'Reillys opened last summer. first part I bought from 'em was an ignition switch...and it was bad. thumbdown

I stick to Autozone or Advance...just gotta time my visits right to catch the one or two intelligent employees on duty crying

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
intake gasket is changed! the truck now idles at 800 rpm like it should w00t thumbup yahoo

....but now there's a nasty sounding exhaust leak I never heard before curse crying

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
ok...friend is giving us a 91 Nissan pathfinder that his wife wrecked. just cosmetic damage...needs a fender, headlight and marker light. one of my friends has a spare fender for $50 and the light is about $85...so $135 to get it drivable....

NOT! the guys wife lost the keys to the Pathfinder. locksmith will charge $150 to pull the ignition lock and cut new keys. looked at the parts places...the lock is $140 ffs!

for curiosity I checked the price on the same part for my Fords....$15 blink

may as well find her a fuckin' Mercedes Benz to drive...the parts will cost about the same crying

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
uh, Haps, check the junkyards. I found an ignition, complete with key, for a car my wife lost the one and only key to for $40 a couple years ago.

sometimes when wrecked the driver/owner will hand a key over to the tow guy to make it easier for him to load. You might get lucky.

unsure

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
I'll look...but after looking up the procedure for removing the lock cylinder, I think it's worth it to let the locksmith do it ohmy

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
happyhumper69 said: I'll look...but after looking up the procedure for removing the lock cylinder, I think it's worth it to let the locksmith do it ohmy

laugh Yep, sometimes it's better to pay someone else to do it.

LOL LOL LOL

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
DC, I can change the lock cylinder on my Mustang in 3 minutes....and a third of that is taking it out of the box. laugh

Looking at the Nissan shop manual, it'll take 20 minutes just to get all the crap out of the way to see the lock cylinder crying

Nissan decided to make the cylinder part of the ignition switch...so there's several screws holding it in place and at least two bundles of wires going to the damn thing curse

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Fuckers! glare

laugh Yep, time to call the locksmith.

Then you can stand around a drink a beer while watching him do it. LOL LOL LOL

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
NEVER...try to change exhaust on a Fox body Mustang in your driveway...especially if you only have a floor jack and jack stands to raise the car with curse

I just spent two hours under the damn car....all because the state of North Carolina now requires catalytic converters to pass inspection. funny thing is....they don't do an emissions test...just safety equipment blink

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Haps, Illinois has some fuked up politics, but that's one thing we haven't had to deal with yet, is emissions testing or vehicle inspections for cars and light trucks.

thumbup thumbup thumbup

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
grrrrrrrrrr. I'm gonna register all my rides with my sisters address in South Carolina curse

I can understand the safety shit....see too many assholes riding around with no headlights, brake lights or turn signals.... thumbdown

...but emissions equipment? blink

ffs, we're so far away from any big city, the major source of emissions here is deer farts laugh

....and I know my car will pass a sniffer test....did it just for shits and giggles at a friends shop in Raleigh...but if they don't see converters on it, it don't pass angry

Forum Level:
Just getting started
happy
i thought the cat went on my civic(cel). has a exhaust manifold cat combo, was around 450 total. all the places i went to just told me the cheaper route was to buy a header and a universal cat. take it to an exhaust shop and custom weld it all together and your nav, but dont know what ya got.

biggest gripe about my ride, its got no balls mad

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
ID10T, I have a 91 Mustang GT. I had to order a special fit set of cats because my car has long tube headers. It's actually an easy job to put 'em on....if you have the car sitting on a lift. I had the car on jack stands....about 10 inches of open space to cram my 195 lb. ass in and try to work LOL

Forum Level:
Just getting started
haha, forgot you were hard core, my bad, im gettin old

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
LOL LOL LOL

hardcore laugh

not far from the truth....it's pretty much a drag car that still has cruise, power windows, power door locks and a stereo blushing

.....but it did pass the emissions test earlier today...and the tags are legal now yahoo happydance thumbup

Forum Level:
Just getting started
My beef with my car-2003 Focus ZTW wagon-800 dollars for a exhaust,didn't include new hangers,extra money.Prior car was a Tempo-125 dollars complete exhaust

VTCali
Jeep stands for: Just Empty Every Pocket.

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.69 seconds