view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Ford rules.... all others stop to drool!
The new Boss 302 is out ... and it has been done right! This thing is a killer on the track, not only beating out the BMW m3, but also the very exotic and pricey ($150, 000) Audi R8.

Ford has got their shit together thumbup1

The Boss is back!
If this thread breaks our rules please 
SD_77
Found on Roadside dead
First on repair dolly
Favorite of redneck drivers
Factory ordered road disaster
Fix or repair daily

devil devil thumbdown devil devil LOL

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Correction...............
First On Race Day!!!! thumbup1

SD_77
Orrrrr

Fixed on race day LOL

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Pictures of it doing it on the Nürburgring or it didn't happen. smile

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Yeah, what he ^^^ said smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Oh .... It happened alright. I know, it's a tough pill to swallow. An American " sports" car beating out the best of what Europe has to offer ...... and doing so for a fraction of the price. Then agian, this isn't the first time Ford has been able to do this ... and it won't he the last.

wink

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
no vids of the 2011 in Germany yet...but here's one of a 2005 Mustang at
tongue
Forum Level:
A Thinker
The Mustang was "chasing" her blink

Not even close LOL LOL LOL

p.s. next time use the brakes at Metzgesfeld... not the grass laugh

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
16, I haven't figured that one out yet laugh

...and who the fuck takes a factory stock Mustang with an automatic transmission to run Nurburgring? blink

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
LordRebellion
It hasn't beaten anything till it posts a time on the Nürburgring. Besides what has it actually beaten? The BMW M3 range is about making a luxury car go fast, its not a sports car though. People who buy an M3 aren't the same sort of people who buy Mustangs, they are completely different cars for completely different people. Whats next Ford boasting that it scored a better laptime than a Rolls Royce? grin

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Did you even look at the video? It was timed at Laguna Seca

The M3 is a sports car. The M5 is built for luxury. Besides ... it also beat out the Audi R8.

as I said .. tough pill for you to swallow... I know. smile

here is a test of the standard 2011 Mustang gt (not the boss) against the M3

Swallow this!

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
LordRebellion
I did, but I only consider times recorded on the Nürburgring as its where pretty much any relevant car is tested. All BMW's are luxury cars regardless if you stick an M3 or M5 badge on it, thats why they carry a luxury price. Its not a custom sports car built from the ground up to go fast, its a 3 Series BMW with some tweaks. As to the R8 I've never rated it very highly, also it has less power than the Mustang and it loses more power through its drive-train due to it being 4 wheel drive, so its hardly surprising.

Besides why would it be a bitter pill for me to swallow? Those are German cars and I'm Scottish. smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
And you only consider cars being tested on a German track to be legit. I suppose thats cuz the Scotts cant build cars smile

The bmw is a luxury sports car. The M3 is race bred ... you can call it what ever the fuck you want.... the mustang still hands it bmw its ass.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Pretty much every car worth mentioning has gone round the Nürburgring, often driven by several different people, as such it gives a more accurate picture of what a car is actually capable of.

We don't need to build cars, we get other people down south to build them for us, and judging by the laptimes on the Nürburgring they have built us the fastest production car on the planet. smile

The BMW is a pub on wheels, it doesn't matter what badge you stick on it. The M3 is just a 3 Series with some extras, a 3 Series BMW is a barge, the M3 is also half a decade old so not only is it a barge but its an old barge. Hey look at me I just beat down an old dude in a posh suit, how tough am I.....is all I'm hearing from Ford. smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
lmao. Then what car should we compare the Mustang too?

Forum Level:
A Thinker
It´s not just a "german track", it´s the Nordschleife. It´s the most challenging racetrack for the car and the driver.

It doeasn´t matter if it´s in germany (but it´s awesome that it is tongue). Even if it would be in the UK, USA or russia, it would still be best track to compare cars.

Here I found a
on the Nürgurgring Nordschleife with similar ummm... "skills" as the Mustang guy laugh
And yes, he took the most popular "shortcut" at Adenauer Forst tongue

I really wish I could have seen his fathers face, when he saw his ruined M3 LOL LOL LOL

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
LordRebellion
Its a cheap car that goes fast, so compare it to something like the 2011 Nissan GT-R. smile

@just16cm

That guy in the M3 was a pretty terrible driver. grin

KockShotz
species, i like you, but its painful to watch your obvious bias towards BMW... implying no car is worthy of mentioning unless its put in a lap on the nubrubroirbuyring?? silly euros can never give us americans any credit, maybe if we doubled the price and made the cd player a 3k option itd be much more respected by the euros? raspberry

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
KockShotz
I called it a pub on wheels and an old barge, those aren't flattering comments. We have no love for BMW drivers in Scotland. smile

If you put a smaller engine in it and make it go faster, then you'll impress us Euros, we did the whole "big engine in a slow car" thing back in the early 1900's. grin

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
The Nissan GTR? Seriously? It costs twice as much as the mustang. Having said that ... throwing another few thousand dollars into the mustang to get the power, handling and gearing just right... It will still give the GT-R a good solid run for a much cheaper price.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
LOL really .. could there have been any worse footage of the M3 and Mustang at Nürburgring?

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
LordRebellion
The Mustang might have a chance if they used the Japanese version of the GT-R thats limited to 112Mph. grin

If I wanted something to go round a track quickly I'd spend the money on a British built Radical SR8, which is capable of embarrassing a Ferrari 599XX worth 1.2 million of my UK pounds, all for the bargain price of around £60,000. If you want to go fast then don't buy a garden shed on wheels. smile

Agreed, I think those videos must have been filmed on an Alcoholics Anonymous field trip. The drivers should have been made to walk the rest of the way round the track. grin

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
You'd look awfully silly going to work in that thing though .... and it would really suck if it started to rain.

lol again, you can hardly compare that to the mustang. A fair comparison is a front engine, rear wheel, 6 speed, 4 seater, mass production car for under $60, 000.

Name one that can beat the boss 302. smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
If by silly you mean awesome, then yes totally. Besides I'd be going so fast I wouldn't even be able to see people, or feel rain. I've also got an umbrella so the joke is on you sir. smile

Ok I've found something that even looks like the Boss 302, its also a lot cheaper and has more storage space. Boss 302 Beater glare

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Indeed.. by silly I mean awesome thumbup LOL It really would be a wicked car to drive, no doubt about it. But, its not a fair or relevant comparison is all I am saying.

I have two kids, and although its a bit tight, I could get two car seats in the back, drive my family to the track, kick the shit out of those 'pub on wheels' M3's and other over priced sporty cars, pick my family back up and do the grocery shopping on the way home from the track.

Thats what makes the Boss 302 a killer. thumbup1

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Oh .. and I couldnt get your linky thingy to work.... what is it confused

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
You could hitch a trailer onto the Radical and drive your family to the track in that? Once you get their you can kick the shit out of pretty much anything on wheels, it'll even grape older Formula 1 cars. On the way back you can throw the family and the grocery shopping in the trailer. grin

The link was a garden shed, can't believe they broke my link and ruined the joke, I'll be boycotting their sheds as a result. sad

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
just had to post this. the dragstrip opened tonight and I finally got to see my old Mustang running again.

here's what it looks like now...

here's what it looked like when the guy towed it out of my yard...lol

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
It just needed a once over with a damp cloth Happs. grin

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
LOL LOL LOL

maybe I should have tried to wash and wax it unsure

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.53 seconds