Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Blowjob_Princess
The classic debate Ford vs GM, which side if any r u on?
Based on experiences with cars I have owned and from others I know of, I am totally ford all the way. I am speaking in terms of quality and durability, not in terms of style performance.

ur thoughts?

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
My blood runs blue. Im a Ford man thumbup1

If this reply breaks our rules please 
dummyracer_36
if its vans were talking about, i'm a ford guy.... but ONLY cause the japanese dont make any full sized cargo vans!!! personally, i wouldnt own an american made paper bag if i could avoid it!

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I've had both. Both have some great models and some not so great ones. My favorite was a GM model but the most reliable by far was a Ford.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
GM man smile well [Holden] in AU, at heart.... the ultimate goal was to be an A9X Hatch Back drool

but... raced Ford and developed a real respect for Ford, never did blow that lil Ford injun, and it revved beyond the limit, never bothered with a tacho, just drove by ear, never could fault the gearbox either.... the diff was a mig locker smile

A GM man, towing a Ford with a Toyota blink I liked all three for what they did.

The "F" truck series took my breath away with the Powerstroke Diesels smile one of the sweetest singing sounds I ever heard in a "grunter" heart

still partial to a big Chev injun tho

drool

I could jump the fence anytime scared

Renaldo_Moon
Always a Ford man.
I would take a Ford Ute over a Holden ute any day.More torque for towing and the Ford is actually a ute and not a Holden Commodore dressed up as a Ute.

The Ford would pull a tree stump out of the ground,The Holden would stretch its body.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
Ford all the way here!

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I've owned both and have had good ones and bad ones.

I'm currently driving a Chevy, but only because of one thing....

the price of parts. Many Chevy parts will interchange over a wide range of years...

Ford, not so much. Which makes the bowtie parts a LOT cheaper usually.

If it were feasible, I'd be running a F250 with the 7.3 diesel motor right now. Now there's a truck with guts.

2c

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
Like LR, I bleed Ford blue. Own a 1990 Mustang GT and an 88 Bronco XLT and love 'em both thumbup1

I also own an 81 Chevy C-10 and a 71 Toyota Landcruiser...and as soon as I can get the parts I need, the Toyota will have a 5.0 Ford engine devil

Forum Level:
Just getting started
gotta say i've owned just about every car made in the us you can drive,fords, gm's and a few mopars, as far as dependablity they all have thier drawbacks but only one has left me stranded and it was a ford! since then i've drove a chevy or a mopar! oh and i have owned a few japtraps aswell only one lasted tho and that was a toyota truck little fucker had 400k on it when it finally rolled over and died, the others just could'nt last!

walter67

w00t thumbup1 cool GM/HOLDEN cool thumbup1 w00t

dirty51
ford,
do you know how ford made a mistake? they drew a blue circle around there name chevy all the way

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....be quiet for a minute confused

thought I heard something....it was just a Chevrolet rusting....carry on grin

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I think it will be hard for anyone to argue that Fords new line up of motors is nothing less than Fucking Killer!

They've made their fair share of mistakes, but when Ford really buckles down to do something, more often than not, they do it right.

The late model Ford GT is a prime example of just that. It was so over engineered it puts all the other exotics to shame .. and it only cost half the price of most of them.

2c

Forum Level:
Just getting started
ford the slowest oval in racing! lmao! grin

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Niether
Had an 04 Ranger fell apart after 4 years and only 50k miles.
Replaced it with a 77 IH Scout.. So far this 33 year old Binder has been great

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
lefthandroller...

Im thinking more like.. Ford; The fastest oval in racing! .... until GM and Dodge started crying about it.

"In 1963 the 427 Galaxies dominated NASCAR. Tiny Lund won the first and biggest race of the year, the Daytona 500, with 427's finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. Ford won 23 races to Plymouth's 19. The Plymouths earned all their victories on the short tracks while Ford dominated the Super Speedways. Chevrolet had 8 wins and Pontiac had 4.

In 1964 Ford had their best season ever with 30 wins. Dodge was second with 14 while Plymouth had 12. If you add the 5 wins that Mercury had, the 427 had a total of 35 NASCAR Grand National wins for the 1964 season. Fred Lorenzen won the Atlanta 500 and proceeded to beat Dodges and Plymouths, which were using 426 Hemi engines contrary to stated NASCAR rules, in 6 of the next 7 races. Ford was using the high-riser intake and matching heads, which were allowed by NASCAR for one season (1964).

In 1965 NASCAR banned Ford's high-riser engines claiming they did not actually fit under "stock" hoods, allowing Chrysler to continue racing its 426 Hemi, which had never been installed in a production vehicle until that year. In 1965 Ford developed its own version of a hemi-chambered engine. The 427 Cammer used a pair of overhead cams to operate the valves in its hemi. NASCAR banned the engine. Then Ford developed the medium-riser intake and head, which did fit under stock hoods and was accepted by NASCAR. In 1965 Chrysler installed its first 426 Hemis in production cars and the race was on. Ned Jarrett driving for Ford was the 1965 Grand National champion and Ford won the NASCAR crown."

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
uh....I drive a Honda Accord. Guess that makes me a neutral.

--fantasm

KockShotz
ford

but ill take a vette or cts-v any day of the week

Forum Level:
Just getting started
ya know i have raced fords and chevies, never could afford the 427 ford, due to the fact they where either one of engines or they where priced way outta my budget. same thing goes for the hemi's so what did i run in the ford it was a 351 cleveland or a 390. in the chevy i run a 427 cu motor or the 454 these engines are very stout and readily available, unlike the cammers, medium risers and the shotgun motors, same thing goes for the 426 hemi. so it's up to what ya have and how much money ya have to make it go fast p. the thing about those engines and cars of the 60's is truebut it's 2011 and chevy rules nascar! uhm who won the last championship? like i said slowest oval in racing! but thats in jest!

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Ok .. for 2011. Look at fords new line up of motors. They are some of the most advanced, powerful and efficient motors on the market at this time.

And I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, but if you cant afford a 427 sohc .. Im pretty sure you wont be able to afford a late model NASCAR motor. unsure

Blowjob_Princess
lol the guys always turn it into a racing thing

KockShotz
i love when people bring million dollar race cars into the discussion lol

lets talk about honda and the awesome 800+hp v8's they make next !

Forum Level:
Just getting started
First On Race Day !!!!
thumbup1
Ford blue in my veins too. My Dad had hot rodded '36 five window coupes, his bro, two seat T-Birds. Mustangs for me. I should have never let the '70 Boss 302 get away!

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
I can say one thing positive about GM and Chrysler. They still use large displacement pushrod engines in their trucks thumbup1

I love my Fords, but the only way I'd ever own a new Ford truck is if it's a diesel. The over-head cam Triton engines just don't cut it as motivation for a 5500 lb. truck thumbdown

KockShotz
so with the choices of:

3.7 v6 - 302hp / 278tq
3.5 TT v6 - 365hp / 420tq
5.0 v8 - 360hp / 380tq
6.2 v8 - 411hp / 434tq

you dont like any of them?!
sell that bronco and get a kia sportage, you traitor !

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
Shotz, I haven't had a chance to drive a new 2011 Ford truck, so I can't comment on the newest motor lineup. I'm judging off the previous 4.6/5.4 lineup.

Figure...Ford must have known those engines were weak if they started slapping Eaton superchargers on 'em from the factory devil

Forum Level:
Just getting started
If you got to get where you are going on a regular basis then you drive a ford

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
I made that last comment about the Ford OHC motors...now the Chevy dealer has a 2000 Ford Lightning on the lot...and I want it drool

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Number 1 reason why Ford is better than both GM, and Chrysler:

NO bail out money asked for or needed..... and they substantially improved the quality, safety and performance of their entire product line.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I know LR...

and the only reason I'm driving a Chevy S10 is because of the price. It was right at the time.

I do have to commend Ford for not taking funds. thumbup1 thumbup1

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 1 seconds