view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
bauer247
Your favorite place in the world
I grew up in country Australia, not exactly the window to the world. I havn't traveled all that much in my life except the US a couple of times. New York City is the one place in the world I have felt really at home in. Would go there right now if i could. Hawaii following a close second.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Glencoe, its in the Scottish highlands. It literally takes my breath away every time, if I could I'd just stay there for ever.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Has to be Mae Hong Son, in the North of Thailand - absolutely beautiful -tropical rain forest in the mountains. Fantastic scenery and lovely people.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
The mid-atlantic coast, especially Assateague and related areas (including Powell and Ocean City). Sounds pathetic, I think, compared to what others are mentioning. But never in my life am I so blissfully happy as when I am there. It has something to do with the unmatched combination of turtles, types of water, microclimates, food, and surprise opportunities for sex.

New York I lived in happily for a year, but never felt quite at home. I'd love to swim with the green sea turtles in Hawaii. Thailand is too exotic for me even to imagine it adequately.

--fantasm

frankyjay
Cornwall....that area of Britain just seems to draw me in like no other, I lived there for a year when I was young and have since returned for holidays twice, once as a teenager and once as an adult.

I just love everything about that place, the people, the beautiful scenery, the villages and towns...the history.

It feels like home ..like my heart belongs.

If we have all been 'here' before, then I wouldn't be surprised if I lived a past life there tongue w00t

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Our cabin, 20meters from the raw Atlantic Ocean on the tip of southern norwy.

Only got solar power there. But when you stare out, there is nothing but 2-3 small islands close to shore, then sea across the horizon.

Its great when its quiet, its awesome when stormy and roaring.

Sometimes, its good just to disconnect from the stressful daily struggle.

But I love the exotics too.

DeleriumDreamer
I've been to Turks and Caicos and the snorkeling was out of this world. A hundred metres out at some points and you're amongst the sea turtles, parrot fish and coral.

But personally, my favourite place is the Muskoka region in Ontario. I'll take a clean cottage with basic amenities, an open lake, a fishing rod and a long dock into the water any day over a resort in the beautiful Caribbean. There is nothing like hearing a storm rolling in across a lake, or the call and echo of a loon through the morning mist, or the sound and sight of a fish getting scooped up by a hawk or eagle from the calm water that looks like glass.

Absolute peace. And then with my BlackBerry I have the best of both worlds. Mwhahaha! LOL

Forum Level:
Just getting started
DeleriumDreamer

Yeah, just like that.
On one side we have the Atlantic ocean, 200 meter up the valley on the other side theres a lake with trout and perfect tranquility.
Stove running on gas, lights, small devices and the waterpump runs on solar power.

Just fishing at sea or in the lake, or just take walks, makes it all feel so real.
Then its comming back to the comfort and warmth of a cabin with a fireplace.

I find those moments so erotic. Specially if its rainy and wet and a strip-down is needed. Then cuddle in the sofa under blankets, enjoying warm drinks, watching out on the harsh weather.

Fuck yeah!

Donleavy
After where I live, Tromso in the north of Norway does it for me - beautiful beyond description I've yet to fish there, but I will...

As for a country, well Denmark is very special.

jonjk
Sri Lanka, really is a land like no other. thumbup thumbup

Shy_guy_84
I finally get to see the Fjords of Norway soon, its a place i have wanted to vost since i was a child. The scenery is meant to be fantastic

Forum Level:
Just getting started

Looking soooo forward travelling to Austria for a week of fun early february. grin

Here's some fjordflics and stuff
Short info and nice fjords in HD
Norwegian fjord filmed in HD
cheesy local vid
lol, where did all these cheesy vids come from

Donleavy
Yep, got to love Norway, its friendly people, beautiful fjords and mountains and places there where they refer to winter as the "Dark Time" and build a SnoKino to let children see movies outdoors...

How can you be homesick for somewhere you don't live? Sigh.

MyLibido
I've traveeled to a fair amount of places and don't think I've found my favorite place yet. I'm gonna keep looking.

Abominable Toaster
I loved Israel
The people are warm and accomodating. Apart from the Biblical stuff, it's just a beautiful country.

Also
The South Island of New Zealand is stunning, cold as buggery in winter, but visually spectacular.

Abominable Toaster
I loved Israel
The people are warm and accomodating. Apart from the Biblical stuff, it's just a beautiful country.

Also
The South Island of New Zealand is stunning, cold as buggery in winter, but visually spectacular.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
NZ and NO is pretty much on opposite sides of the globe. And somehow similiar too. I've heard it been said about both climate, terrain and people.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
I'm very fortunate to have travelled widely and experienced many different cultures, living in several different countries but I'm always drawn back to Britain and in particular, Cornwall. There is something truly magical about this corner of the world. If I had to choose another place it would be Greece, purely for the mythology.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Saalbach, Austria
Tomorrow I start my one week vacation in the alps.

Maybe Saalbach will be my new favorite place in the world.

_forreal_
home

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Everywhere. I love to travel and cant pick just one.

casualh1
I haven't been many places, New York once, Vegas once, California once...

Have to say that the History behind DC intrigues me. I would love to go there someday.

Favorite place I have been in Switzerland!! It was amazing. The scenery took my breath away. Sure we have snow here, but the snow topped mountains just outside the hotel window was sensational!!

~Cas

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
I have reconsidered my answer. If I absolutely had to pick one place in the world I loved most I would say that I love being in the jungles of Chang Mai Thailand or down in the islands. Basically anywhere in Thailand except Phuket or BKK lol

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
I have reconsidered my answer. If I absolutely had to pick one place in the world I loved most I would say that I love being in the jungles of Chang Mai Thailand or down in the islands. Basically anywhere in Thailand except Phuket or BKK lol

Renaldo_Moon
Japan definitely thumbup1

Forum Level:
Just getting started
i have been to so many places it is hard to say the best...
depends on what you are lookig for people, food ect ect
there is so many more places i want to see as well.
i think i just like seeing new things so it is all good

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
angel

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
Copenhagen, Denmark.
Helsinki, Finland.
Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Bergen, Norway.
I'm biased to that part of the world. thumbup

I live in California, and love it, but my only mission in life is to make enough money that I can retire in Copenhagen or somewhere around those parts. thumbup1

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Tuntavern:

Makes me curious.. what or who happend in Copenhagen? grin

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
Copenhagen has good looking people, that's for sure. But it's just an awesome city in general. The people there have fantastic attitudes. It's low crime, has lots of good resturants, great parks, there's nice modern gyms everywhere...

And they have smokeless tobacco. LOL!That's a big thing for me. Snuz, or whatever they call it over there--that's hard to find in a lot of European places. You have to be in Scandanavia to find it consistently.

If you ever see those lists of best cities to live Copenhagen is always near the top.

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
The other good thing about those cities like Copenhagen and Helsinki is that they are just the right size: big enough to have everything, but not so big that they are overwhelming.

Places like London, Tokyo, NYC---too damn big!! Too easy to get lost in, traffic is a bitch, and they're loud and chaotic... curse

Copenhagen is chill! thumbup1

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.92 seconds