Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
R U Ok?
Simply a place to come and say yay or nay, a place to come and vent ya spleen, or spill ya gutz, its how I talk in reality, call a spade a shovel.

You can get a little transparent, or lay the cards on the table, without judgement, this is about the community awareness and acceptance that not everyone has a hide like a rhino, the last of the subspecies Dicerorhinus sumatrensis harrissoni, some homework.

It is Ok by me to use this in a positive manor, but please, do use your brain, as negative reactions are not appreciated, well constructive thoughts are fine.

R.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Oh my! I am the first one to reply and will go down in history! Yes, yes! I am doing fine and I am thrilled that you provided a thread to say "almost" anything. unsure

Ummmmm, just so that I do not get gagged again, what can you NOT say in this thread?? unsure Sometimes it is fun to get gagged though come to think of it. smile

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
IT is NOT about Trump, For FUK Sake, it is about the well being of people, men or women who feel blue, jezuz some people just dont get it?

it is an open forum, but as usual, Raven you do not understand the subject at all !! IF it was at all trump related it would go in political where everyone can use the quote button ad nauseum!!.

You always have a ''fwoppy deek monday'' allegedly, a k a you feel down, not got nothing to do with trump shit, you chose to be down on a monday? allegedly.

As for you cartoon, I don't think you understand it either, so as it is an open forum, choose your werds carefully, you need to own up to who you are.

R u Ok..... Are You OK? Yes I am .... not [tertle heads piss me off]

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
Wodja said: IT is NOT about Trump, For FUK Sake, it is about the well being of people, men or women who feel blue, jezuz some people just dont get it?

it is an open forum, but as usual, Raven you do not understand the subject at all !! IF it was at all trump related it would go in political where everyone can use the quote button ad nauseum!!.

You always have a ''fwoppy deek monday'' allegedly, a k a you feel down, not got nothing to do with trump shit, you chose to be down on a monday? allegedly.

As for you cartoon, I don't think you understand it either, so as it is an open forum, choose your werds carefully, you need to own up to who you are.

What would you like to talk about?

Forum Level:
Just getting started
This thread is a fantastic thread wods

Let me start.....

I am okay for today

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Yup, and RUOK threads a great Idea!

Something I noted about NN too was the idiot factor was very low compared to other places I frequent like FL etc so an RUOK thread kinda fits well.

Im to the right of Sooky but even i have my days when I wonder WTF's going on and why isnt Global warming working like the promised.

A few deep breaths, A Turkey and Max and a ciggie or 2 and im ok usually.

Now theres NN as well and some bloody awesome sick sick peeps im really getting to love.

Sooo, Im ok!

No really...

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Wodja said: IT is NOT about Trump, For FUK Sake, it is about the well being of people, men or women who feel blue, jezuz some people just dont get it?

Werds carefully? Oh! Ok, I see what you mean. I am an ET that lives on the moon and guess what? Well I am doing fine!!

Did you know that they see mysterious flashes of light on the moon? Well that is just me flashing my porch light on and off using morris code warning of a black hole approaching. smile

Forum Level:
Just getting started
cartoongirl said:

Werds carefully? Oh! Ok, I see what you mean. I am an ET that lives on the moon and guess what? Well I am doing fine!!

Did you know that they see mysterious flashes of light on the moon? Well that is just me flashing my porch light on and off using morris code warning of a black hole approaching. smile

Flashing on your Porch eh?
You know the rules ... No pic, Didnt happen lol

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Sir_Pumpy said:
cartoongirl said:

Flashing on your Porch eh?
You know the rules ... No pic, Didnt happen lol

Alright, didn`t happen. bored

Fire_brand
Not really that okay....but work through feelings every day

Blackheath
Fire_brand said: Not really that okay....but work through feelings every day

Think you it as a cake and take it piece by piece. I grant you it isn't a chocolate cake.

Take breaks often and just be good to yourself so it doesn't become too draining wink

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Last week me and my husband took our dog of 15 years to the vets as she had a lump on her stomach..

We found out she had tumours on her mammary gland and unfortunately they are malignant,we are advised that because of her age she may not wake up from the anaesthetic if they were to operate..

So we have decided to leave her operation and keep her on pain medication,as long as she isn't in pain we want her to have as many days,weeks,months etc with us..

Me and my hubby have been together 17 years and she was our first ever pet when we first moved in together 2 years later,she has been our rock and it is heartbreaking to see her deteriorate in front of our eyes..

We decided early on that we will never have kids,so we've put all these years into loving her and to lose her is gonna mentally kill us...

Well anyway...I'm sharing for anyone who is in a similar situation or can hopefully share and give me comfort along the way...

It is soul destroying and i can't stop crying,so any comforting words will help

Thankyou xx

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
SexyEnglishBabe said: Last week me and my husband took our dog of 15 years to the vets as she had a lump on her stomach..

We found out she had tumours on her mammary gland and unfortunately they are malignant,we are advised that because of her age she may not wake up from the anaesthetic if they were to operate..

So we have decided to leave her operation and keep her on pain medication,as long as she isn't in pain we want her to have as many days,weeks,months etc with us..

Me and my hubby have been together 17 years and she was our first ever pet when we first moved in together 2 years later,she has been our rock and it is heartbreaking to see her deteriorate in front of our eyes..

We decided early on that we will never have kids,so we've put all these years into loving her and to lose her is gonna mentally kill us...

Well anyway...I'm sharing for anyone who is in a similar situation or can hopefully share and give me comfort along the way...

Thankyou xx

I'm so sorry to hear of this.
Longtime pets mean so much.
It's like a huge gap has opened when they have gone.
But we should know that they have shorter life spans.

I've gone through this.
So long as The Dog is not in pain, well ok.

But consider the stress that you two may be going through...

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
SexyEnglishBabe said: Last week me and my husband took our dog of 15 years to the vets as she had a lump on her stomach..

Thankyou xx

It never gets easier. Cry whenever you feel like it. I wish I had some comforting words, but I don't know of any.

Blackheath

Thankyou xx

A long time ago, when I was in a relationship with someone else we had a cat. Cleo, I was never allowed a cat when I was a boy and I loved cats so when I found out that my then girlfriend had one and the sweetest most petit cat I had ever seen I really grew to love her.

We became a family and she would sit by the door waiting for me to come home from work almost every day. She would curl up with me in bed and loved being cuddled. Then I split with my girlfriend, two years later with got back together. However about two years before we split again -for the last time- Cleo was getting older, her back legs were going, I had taken her to the vets more than once over a cold that took a lot out of her and then one day she fell out of the window and died.

...and I never realised how much an animal can be as part of the family as any person and it was really heart wrenching that she had gone. It continues to be sad but I found the good memories start to outshine the memories of when she died and when she was unhealthy and thinking about her now makes me laugh and smile more than anything negative. Time will heal the heartbreak just give it a chance smile

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Blackheath said:

Thankyou xx

A long time ago, when I was in a relationship with someone else we had a cat. Cleo, I was never allowed a cat when I was a boy and I loved cats so when I found out that my then girlfriend had one and the sweetest most petit cat I had ever seen I really grew to love her.

We became a family and she would sit by the door waiting for me to come home from work almost every day. She would curl up with me in bed and loved being cuddled. Then I split with my girlfriend, two years later with got back together. However about two years before we split again -for the last time- Cleo was getting older, her back legs were going, I had taken her to the vets more than once over a cold that took a lot out of her and then one day she fell out of the window and died.

...and I never realised how much an animal can be as part of the family as any person and it was really heart wrenching that she had gone. It continues to be sad but I found the good memories start to outshine the memories of when she died and when she was unhealthy and thinking about her now makes me laugh and smile more than anything negative. Time will heal the heartbreak just give it a chance smile

Awww that was really heartwarming,and i felt your pain too

Thankyou for sharing,it made me smile through the tears xx

Thanks too Mucking and Raves x

lip2lip
Nice of you to put this up wods
I’m fine, sometimes as a bloke not so fine. Family is my drive force, so as old fashioned as it seems. I go about things with my chin up even when my heart may be sad.
To my friends I’m close with, I will discuss things and listen without judgement.
I don’t bottle things up per say, although I do try and choose, when and what to say and also to whom.

I’m glad Seb, you chose to share this info, from our talks I know quality of life is important to you. Bless you my dear xx

Very nice indeed to share stuff

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Thankyou and I'm also here if anyone wants to chat smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Losing a pet truly sucks, but, in my opinion, not as much as not ever having pets. It is such a special kind of simple love that I've yet to truly find anywhere else. I've got two elderly ones now, one that I found as a stray the day I moved out of the house with my ex. Enjoy the moments.

hottkreem4u
SOMETIMES YOU WONDER
I just got made redundant after nearly 15 years at a company , 3 weeks after being laid off ive done several courses to better my chances and have yet to recieve a reference letter from the boss. i think this is because he is holding out until the time expires in which i can go for wrongful dismissal,i have no desire to do this and i have heard from someone else that he actually gave a shit referal about someone else when a prospective employee rung to ask about that person.

i was laid off because we had almost zero work and thought that i was leaving under good terms (albeit that they waited till they had fewer than 15 employees so they didnt have to pay me a cent redundancy ) but my former bosses seeming unwillingness to give me a referal makes me wonder if he is going to sabotage my job seeking and why.

other than that im healthy happy and have a great wife and kid and will be going on to better things .

lip2lip
hottkreem4u said: I just got made redundant after nearly 15 years at a company , 3 weeks after being laid off ive done several courses to better my chances and have yet to recieve a reference letter from the boss. i think this is because he is holding out until the time expires in which i can go for wrongful dismissal,i have no desire to do this and i have heard from someone else that he actually gave a shit referal about someone else when a prospective employee rung to ask about that person.

i was laid off because we had almost zero work and thought that i was leaving under good terms (albeit that they waited till they had fewer than 15 employees so they didnt have to pay me a cent redundancy ) but my former bosses seeming unwillingness to give me a referal makes me wonder if he is going to sabotage my job seeking and why.

other than that im healthy happy and have a great wife and kid and will be going on to better things .

Your boss can only inform how long you worked for and time served, it’s now deemed illegal to give bad references.
Test the waters by getting someone to contact him for references. Other than that, most don’t ask. Also redundancy usually has reasons for it in the statement of why it’s been done.

hottkreem4u
OK That might be a relief
i was actually thinking of getting someone to ring , i might be being a bit paranoid but in light of how he has treated other people i dont trust him at all and its probably a good thing im moving on ...hopefully to something better .

Forum Level:
Just getting started
hottkreem4u said: i was actually thinking of getting someone to ring , i might be being a bit paranoid but in light of how he has treated other people i dont trust him at all and its probably a good thing im moving on ...hopefully to something better .

as lips said you cant give a bad reference

good luck in the job search thumbup

Forum Level:
Just getting started
R u OK

You know what, sometimes life is really shit. It throws you some absolutely massive curve balls and you just have to pull up your big girl/boy pants and deal with them head on.

Some days I just feel like crying. I suppose we all have days like that. I feel that sometimes life just isn't going my way...it's not what I wanted or planned.

But then I look at what I do have...and I smile.

And you know what, sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you are doing good, everything will be ok, that they love you.

Compliments can go a long way IMO. Being nice is better than being rude or nasty isn't it? Sometimes I go on status and read..and I wonder.

Smile x

heart

lip2lip
Politeness costs nothing,
Allure said:
You know what, sometimes life is really shit. It throws you some absolutely massive curve balls and you just have to pull up your big girl/boy pants and deal with them head on.

Some days I just feel like crying. I suppose we all have days like that. I feel that sometimes life just isn't going my way...it's not what I wanted or planned.

And you know what, sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you are doing good, everything will be ok, that they love you.

Compliments can go a long way IMO. Being nice is better than being rude or nasty isn't it? Sometimes I go on status and read..and I wonder.

Smile x

heart

Allure anytime love you wish to talk, I’m here to listen, even when it through tears it’s all good...

Blackheath
Allure said:

Smile x

heart

...and it only takes a few seconds out of your life as well smile

The two way street of giving up the control you think you have by telling someone what is worrying you and then that person just listening is a simple art we seem to be forgetting.

I think as a listener it is vital to not judge, not try and say things that you think will cure the problem but to just be gentle with the other person and ask a couple of things where you can help that person see another perspective on a problem.

Sticking around for the person, being there when they need to talk is worth a lot too. It's helped me a lot in the past and letting someone know they should never be ashamed of needing help.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Current status: spiraling

Forum Level:
Just getting started
For clarity
My spiral isn’t really even the issue I’m used to it, I live my life on the spiral esculator
Between the floor mentally healthy and fucked, I think the issue atm is no one ever notices when I slip, no one asks me if I’m ok, never. because I spend my days smiling asking everyone else if they are ok

Blackheath

Ever feel that because there are certain responsibilities on your shoulders you feel sort of...obliged to do the winks and smiles?

Let me at least relate something, to a large extent I go from day to day. I can't think too far ahead with everything or else I just won't get up. At times there are moments where I think "What the fuck am I doing!?" but I then remember thinking techniques that a learned through various help that got through the years.

Molly, can you in any way stop and see how you think and what links each thought to another and then what leads say...a pedestrian idea to spiral into something more uncontrolled?

I have a tendency to "Catastrophise" where things would start simple, say just going down the road to pick something up and if I don't do due diligence to how I link my thoughts before I know it I am worried about World War Three or something.

I have found it helps that if I stop thinking about what I am worried about but how I got into worrying about it that can help.

lip2lip
Molly
miss_molly said: My spiral isn’t really even the issue I’m used to it, I live my life on the spiral esculator
Between the floor mentally healthy and fucked, I think the issue atm is no one ever notices when I slip, no one asks me if I’m ok, never. because I spend my days smiling asking everyone else if they are ok

Spiral staircases......Life troubles or commitments, depends on situations and circumstances at the time.
It’s hard to alter what’s right for you in the real time episodes. Simply because your what I perceive as a giver in life, not a taker, you will give your all to those you care about. Unfortunately forgetting yourself on the way, and nobody else notices because there wrapped up in there own worldly woes.... but ultimately people see the strong secure mentally stable reliable one...known as molls....

So how’s things today molly, just asking xxx

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.5 seconds