Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Why do women dress the way they do???
Among my friends and relatives. Strangers I don't know. In public. On tv. I see so much cleavage. Sometimes I think a nipple is gonna slip out. Short skirts, so short I can almost see their panties. Tight fitting tops and pants that sometimes show nipples and camel toes.
I LIKE THIS, don't get me wrong!

But I wanna ask, "why do you dress like this?" I mean, really...

Do you feel you look more attractive? You think you look better?
You do this for women? Men?

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I generally dress the way I feel the most comfortable and if it is on the showy side so be it.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I dont get this thread, if you like it, why you asking?
Why do you get dressed the way you do?

I dont see much of what you are mentioning, except on friday and saturday nights out
Even guys wear tight pants, wonder why?

Forum Level:
Just getting started

I'm with Arti... don't get the point of the thread at all. Can't really generalize an answer because everyone makes these choices on their own individual desires and fashion senses. Echoing Arti in asking, why do you dress the way that you do? What factors go into the choices you make around your wardrobe and what you wear? Chances are people just wear what they have, what is comfortable, what they feel good wearing out in the world the same that you do and likely doesn't have much to do with anyone else.

Why don't you ask the people you are seeing who dress that way? Might get a more informative response...

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Perhaps the OP is just curious about the thought process behind it.

I think women dress the way they do for convenience, comfort, to be stylish, or to get attention -- or all of the above.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I was afraid of these responses and didn't know
how to put the question. I do not dress to accent my dick and balls. I don't wear real lo cut pants that show or nearly show my pubes. I don't wear so tite pants and no undies with my dick down one leg. Or so tite that my package is really showing, I don't wear loose pants with my dick flopping around all over the place.
I know theres a double standard goin on here. But I just wonders if women who dress so sexy...what goes threw their mind.
Comfort? really. Comfort and attractiveness can be achieved without showing off their ass, pussy and tits.

I'm just glad society allows or tolerates this and that they do.

I just wonder if they are doin it for themselves? other gals, or men.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor

I don't know, why don't you ask them ?

Forum Level:
Just getting started
dress
myself , i like the eye candy that i sometimes see out and about ,, if the women feel good about how they look and do not mind showing off ,, then i am all for it too rolleyes rolleyes

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Naddy3 said: how to put the question. I do not dress to accent my dick and balls. I don't wear real lo cut pants that show or nearly show my pubes. I don't wear so tite pants and no undies with my dick down one leg. Or so tite that my package is really showing, I don't wear loose pants with my dick flopping around all over the place.
I know theres a double standard goin on here. But I just wonders if women who dress so sexy...what goes threw their mind.
Comfort? really. Comfort and attractiveness can be achieved without showing off their ass, pussy and tits.

I'm just glad society allows or tolerates this and that they do.

I just wonder if they are doin it for themselves? other gals, or men.

i still dont get it, i see no women dressing like this on an every day basis??
I certainly dont
I might dress sexier for a night out on town, but still no way near what you are mentioning
Where are you noticing all these tons of underdressed women??

On everyday basis i hear women "overdressing" to be taken serious,
to not get googled by men
Never going braless or even using nipple covers, to avoid men looking

So really?
As soon as women are skimpy dressed and they are abused or its their fault
Or they get the easy "stamp"
Which you are kinda giving vibe of here as well
So where are these skimpy dressed women at??

LongSchlong2
I get what you are saying Naddy....I am just back from the mall and it makes me wonder too. The response you have had from the likes of arti and jedi are just ignorant short sighted comments.
My take is its to attract attention to feed the insecurity of the bearer of the flesh

Forum Level:
Just getting started
LongSchlong2 said: I get what you are saying Naddy....I am just back from the mall and it makes me wonder too. The response you have had from the likes of arti and jedi are just ignorant short sighted comments.
My take is its to attract attention to feed the insecurity of the bearer of the flesh
Well, thanks. Appreciate that. I mean, look around! I just don't git it. Then, have you noticed some the tops women wear (I've seen it twice on TV in the last week)...the top is cut nearly to the waist, obviously they cant be wearing a bra, and it is spread more than an inch. My wife says, they git two-sided tape to use so their breasts (not huge) donot wiggle out!!!
News women in so short dresses. Sitting in chairs their short skirts showing more leg than not. More than haf way to their waist.
I LOVE IT.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Dress conservatively
I dress conservatively nearly everywhere except for the beach. I'm not sure what this means? Does anyone want to go to the beach?

Forum Level:
Just getting started
LongSchlong2 said: I get what you are saying Naddy....I am just back from the mall and it makes me wonder too. The response you have had from the likes of arti and jedi are just ignorant short sighted comments.

Yeah the actual women who are replying to this thread are the ignorant ones LOL. So sorry I gave a genuine response instead of patting the OP on the head and feeding his fantasies of why women do the things they do. You're right, everything we do is to attract male attention because we're all very insecure--we over think our every move, including what we put on each morning, in the hopes that men like you will notice. It has nothing to do with fashion trends, our own personal aesthetic, comfort, the activities that we are engaging in... none of that at all! We're just such different creatures from you exceptionally confident men! My mistake. LOL LOL

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Naddy3 said:
Well, thanks. Appreciate that. I mean, look around! I just don't git it. Then, have you noticed some the tops women wear (I've seen it twice on TV in the last week)...the top is cut nearly to the waist, obviously they cant be wearing a bra, and it is spread more than an inch. My wife says, they git two-sided tape to use so their breasts (not huge) donot wiggle out!!!
News women in so short dresses. Sitting in chairs their short skirts showing more leg than not. More than haf way to their waist.
I LOVE IT.

ON TV?? then it must be soo,,,

Arti n jedi are real women not insecure with who we are and feel no need to rub mens ego

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Julieannfringe said: I dress conservatively nearly everywhere except for the beach. I'm not sure what this means? Does anyone want to go to the beach?

Me! grin

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Dress
My ex and SSCD dress relatively conservative at home and around family but when away from friends and family, it's Katy bar the door. Then they dress for comfort no matter what may show. As for others, I don't care why they dress the way they do as long as they do.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Husband here.
Woman do not dress sexy when they go out for comfort. If they were dressing for comfort, they would be dressing in tracksuit pants, loose tee shirts of low soled shoes. If you see how many woman dress for a quiet night at home, this is how they would dress if comfort was their intention.
My wife points out that there is no way they would wear high heels which accentuate their legs on a quiet night at home, nor would they wear tight, short skirts. If it was a cool night out, they would be more comfortable in a big sloppy, warm jacket, not some tight little top which shows off their trim stomachs and nice boobs.
Woman dress sexy at night to show off their bodies and to feel like a woman, which is why so many woman from al walks of like, social status and local culture wear their high heals, tight pants, short shorts/skirts and tiny tops on nights out where they will be noticed by many people.
Many, or most woman have a natural exhibitionist side which is why they want men (and sometimes woman) to notice their nice figures, toned legs, big boobs etc but due to social taboos, limit what they show to stopping short of showing titts and pussy.
Most woman out their (but not here in NN) would vehemently deny that they want to show off their bodies, or have a natural exhibitionist inclination, but if that was the case, why don't they go out wearing tracksuit pants and comfortable jackets out at night? Many will say they don't want men looking at their bodies, but most would be quietly pleased if men were noticing them in sexy night clothes or bikinis.
So many of these woman would be very derisive of woman who go one step further by letting me see their tits and pussies, which are often only barely hidden under their tight clothes, but really it is only a slight extension of the exhibitionism showed by many normally conservative woman out there.

marriedbi52
Artistic said:
Naddy3 said:
I LOVE IT.

ON TV?? then it must be soo,,,

Arti n jedi are real women not insecure with who we are and feel no need to rub mens ego

It's not my ego I'm wanting rubbed.... grin

marriedbi52
Never experienced it, but believe it would be wrong to wear a low cut top then say "My eyes are up here!" Likewise, don't dress provocatively if you don't want to be approached. Shouldn't flash the bait if ya don't want nibbles.....

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I don't know if this would be the case with the OP's area of the US, but in some areas of the world, women dress more stylishly and provocatively than they do in others, where the weather is shittier.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I'm guessing that women "dress up" for the same reason men wear nice fitting clothes that highlight their bodies too. They like to look good. Me being a man, I am not always worried about how my clothes fit but when my wife and I go out, I like to try and look my best for her. I can't speak for singles since we have been married for 26 years. LOL...........As far as being "comfortable"? This is what my wife had to say: I am more comfortable in a loose fitting tee shirt, shorts or sweatpants than I am in a pair of high heels, tight dress and matching bra/pantie set. She deffo does NOT dress up for comfort. If dressing up can turn a few heads, that is a confidence thing for her. Not because she is looking to be fondled, taken by a stranger, oogled over or looked at as easy/slutty.

I'm sure women are well aware that men are more "visual" than they are for the most part. I see nothing wrong with a woman dressing provocatively/sexy as long as it makes them feel good. I do think some women cross the line though. It seems to be a "look at me" type thing with some women. Being a former DJ for nearly 20 years at a local hot spot for the college crowd, I saw this type of thing a lot!!! It was almost as if some of them were trying to say........."in you face" or "see what you can't have".

Forum Level:
Just getting started
lamihot said:

Woman dress sexy at night to show off their bodies and to feel like a woman, which is why so many woman from al walks of like, social status and local culture wear their high heals, tight pants, short shorts/skirts and tiny tops on nights out where they will be noticed by many people.

You said woman from all cultures like to show off their bodies in sexy clothes. How about woman from places like Middle East where they wear burkas? Do they thin it is risqué to show off their ankles? tongue

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.53 seconds