Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Sexual blackmail email scam
I've received the message in the final paragraph below that I believe to be a scam. The message claimed to be from noreply@blueconsultants.it but by looking at the properties, it seemed to implicate apache@server1.seofriends2012.com

I wondered if anyone reading this has received anything similar? If so, I'd also be interested to know if they reported it to any authority or body that seemed able to actually do something to fight back?

I think a give-away that it's a scam is the vague wording that fails to pinpoint any hard facts. As I've never engaged in any "pee-pee" sexual activity or (e.g.) subscribed to a relevant pay site, it's difficult to imagine what could actually be sent to my contacts, but I fear that someone with such a history could be tempted to pay. The message:

Hello, dude. We know about your sexual preferences (pee-pee smile)). If you don't want to know about that your family, friends, colleagues - send us little present in 200$ equivalent.
Send 0.022 bitcoins to address 1PiWCw3Rd5BfGPHuo31Tdx4wS2gGhSKAbQ.
Bitcoin address is unique and generated special for you. If you don't send funds after 10 days - we start massive delivery with profile about you to your contact list from your email also other contacts how we know.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Fight scam!
Following some research, I found this commendable site that offers an effective way of fighting back against scam, if you still the original message. I've taken appropriate action via this, and I'd recommend doing so to anyone else who may receive such a scam message in future:
https://www.spamcop.net/

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Don't even open the door
I don't open emails from sources I don't know. Don't be the moth drawn to the light, nothing good can come from it. Don't open emails from unknown sources and flag them as spam.

Montanasucker
I tell them to go ahead and send them. I'm not ashamed of what I do.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Don't keep your contact list stored on your computer or saved within your email account. Keep your Inbox and Sent folders clean.

Forum Level:
A Thinker
I just received one of these emails myself, with very similar wording. They have a video of me that they will release to all my contacts if I don't pay up. I say go ahead, as I'm sure a video of the reverse side of a blob of Blu Tack, that's been stuck over my laptop camera for as long as I've had the laptop, will be received by my contacts with much interest!

What a jerk

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.41 seconds