Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
self defense
what means are legal in your country??

in sweden no guns, no knives, no bearspray, no brass knuckles, no taser
in your home you can use bat or knife
but outside only regular pepperspray
(colored alcorub)

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
In the UK you can defend yourself, someone else, or your home with reasonable force. This includes use of weapons or an object that you can use as a weapon. You can even make a citizens arrest.

For example. A guy in my town hit a robber over the head with a lump of wood and laid him out. The robber was in his home and it was seen as self defense. The robber survived. But even if he had died it would have still been seen as self defense.

You can kill in self defense as long as its reasonable. Like mentioned above. But say if he had knocked the robber out and then proceeded to kill him It wouldn't have been seen as self defense. That would be seen as excessive and gratuitous force and you would be prosecuted for the killing.

Another quick example. A guy tried to xxxx a young woman but he got more than he bargained for. She ended up fighting him off, getting on top of him and smashing his face to bits with her keys. She made a real mess of his face. It was seen as self defense.

You can have pepper sprays and xxxx alarms etc too.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
BoxerBoi28uk said: In the UK you can defend yourself, someone else, or your home with reasonable force. This includes use of weapons or an object that you can use as a weapon. You can even make a citizens arrest.

For example. A guy in my town hit a robber over the head with a lump of wood and laid him out. The robber was in his home and it was seen as self defense. The robber survived. But even if he had died it would have still been seen as self defense.

You can kill in self defense as long as its reasonable. Like mentioned above. But say if he had knocked the robber out and then proceeded to kill him It wouldn't have been seen as self defense. That would be seen as excessive and gratuitous force and you would be prosecuted for the killing.

Another quick example. A guy tried to xxxx a young woman but he got more than he bargained for. She ended up fighting him off, getting on top of him and smashing his face to bits with her keys. She made a real mess of his face. It was seen as self defense.

i was curious to the means... in sweden you have to stop defending yourself and call 911 (112)
if you beat them to death in or outside your home you will be brought to justice and can
be sentenced to jail for man slaughter, from a year and up.
so if im outside helping a woman being xxxxd or beaten and i happen to severly injure the guy or kill him,
i might as well run off or i might go to jail... seriously

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
So much for a mans home being his castle, time to lower that drawbridge ! ! !

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
Artistic said:
BoxerBoi28uk said: In the UK you can defend yourself, someone else, or your home with reasonable force. This includes use of weapons or an object that you can use as a weapon. You can even make a citizens arrest.

i was curious to the means... in sweden you have to stop defending yourself and call 911 (112)
if you beat them to death in or outside your home you will be brought to justice and can
so if im outside helping a woman being xxxxd or beaten and i happen to severly injure the guy or kill him,

Wow, really? That's crazy!

Is this a currently a big debate in Sweden? You think it will change?

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
rolleyes Like how you put 911 (112), lol. In the UK we call 999 for the police, fire department and ambulance.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
BoxerBoi28uk said: rolleyes Like how you put 911 (112), lol. In the UK we call 999 for the police, fire department and ambulance.
i was thinking people have seen the show rescue 911
good to know its 999 in UK lol

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Artistic said:
so if im outside helping a woman being or beaten and i happen to severly injure the guy or kill him,

BoxerBoi28uk said: Wow, really? That's crazy!
Is this a currently a big debate in Sweden? You think it will change?

alley52cat said: So much for a mans home being his castle, time to lower that drawbridge ! ! !

Its not being debated much
i do feel its weird that being scared for your life you should stop hitting the intruder/xxxxxx,
run to safety and call for help
to have that control
and the fact that most intruders arent found and most rapes dont even go to court

other facts are if an intruder/xxxxxx is drugged they will not feel the pain your afflicting

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
One thing for sure is your ability to physically fight back will diminish as you age making an easy target for a criminal and they know it.
I make no apologies for the US having our second amendment so our citizens can still protect themselves.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
In the US it varies by state. Some states give you the right to shoot someone who illegally entered your house, or in some cases for a lot less reason. Other states require you to run off if you have an exist available. In either case, the administration of justice is very uneven. You might get away with killing someone over an argument that you started and someone else can go to prison for firing a warning shot even if no one was hurt by it (both events have happened in the same state). It's a crap shoot.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
lennynatural said: In the US it varies by state. Some states give you the right to shoot someone who illegally entered your house, or in some cases for a lot less reason. Other states require you to run off if you have an exist available. In either case, the administration of justice is very uneven. You might get away with killing someone over an argument that you started and someone else can go to prison for firing a warning shot even if no one was hurt by it (both events have happened in the same state). It's a crap shoot.

There actually isn't any such thing as a warning shot, it's considered a missed shot that could have killed, so if you do fire your weapon know you can't say you were just threatening to protect yourself.

marriedbi52
Artistic said:

As a disabled 64 year old I do not want to have a physical confrontation with a person half my age that very well may be higher than hell on drugs! That's why we have our "2nd amendment"! For home defense I have a legal, short barrel 12 gauge shot gun that says if you break INTO my house, you won't be leaving it!!!!

Forum Level:
Just getting started
stevenasty said:
lennynatural said: In the US it varies by state. Some states give you the right to shoot someone who illegally entered your house, or in some cases for a lot less reason. Other states require you to run off if you have an exist available. In either case, the administration of justice is very uneven. You might get away with killing someone over an argument that you started and someone else can go to prison for firing a warning shot even if no one was hurt by it (both events have happened in the same state). It's a crap shoot.

There actually isn't any such thing as a warning shot, it's considered a missed shot that could have killed, so if you do fire your weapon know you can't say you were just threatening to protect yourself.

It's hard to believe, but Warning Shots are being discussed at Law Enforcement conferences:

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/520826667/police-warning-shots-may-be-in-for-a-comeback

marriedbi52
M3_911 said:
stevenasty said:

It's hard to believe, but Warning Shots are being discussed at Law Enforcement conferences:

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/520826667/police-warning-shots-may-be-in-for-a-comeback

I fired a "warning shot"! He ran in front of it trying to escape! That's my story............ wink

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Warning shot!
Fuck a warning shot! With the prices of self-defense ammo? Oh no...if the gun gets pulled out it means it's go time....and there will be only ONE side of the story, MINE. We live far enough out on the edge of town that no one is coming to help in a timely manner. My family's protection is MY responsibility. Anyone crazy enough to break into a person's house needs and deserves to get killed. Like I said, only ONE side of the story! Fortunately in our state the gun laws and self defense laws favor the victim and not perpetrator. And a warning shot could potentially get you arrested and your gun confiscated. Firing a gun at something other than paper and plastic bottles is a big deal, I hope it never happens to me.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I'm not going to get into a debate about warning shots. In a "stand your ground" state a woman was being threatened by her ex, she felt her safety and life were in danger, she had a gun and purposefully fired the gun away from the perp, hoping that it would scare him off. The bullet did not cause any harm to anyone. She was arrested and charged, tried and was sentenced to a prison term. In the same state another person started an argument with another person, either lost his temper (probable) or felt threatened, pulled out his weapon, shot and killed the other man (he was not even in his own home). He was given a free pass, no charges, citing the stand your ground law. So, what was different between the two cases? Although they were in the same state, it was different jurisdictions. Authorities in one locale being very relaxed about it (it makes their jobs easier) and the other jurisdiction holding people to a much higher standard. Also, the peoples races in the two incidents were different, the woman being a minority. I am not claiming there was overt racism but I recently read an article by a guns rights group that authorities tend to look at armed minorities more critically then they do with whites. Also, if the prosecutors in a locale are anti-gun, they tend to be more vigorous in those instances regardless of the state law.

So, I stand by my original assertion that the administration of justice is very even and is indeed a crap shoot. I find it troubling that victims of crime can be considered the criminals for defending themselves in a manner not allowed by statute.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
So, I stand by my original assertion that the administration of justice is very even

Sorry for the typo, that should read the administration of justice is very uneven....

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
All the justice you can afford.
Absolutely true, justice is administered most lopsidedly in the US. Fortunately I'm a white guy with a respectable job so I doubt I'd be questioned. Two true stories about stupid people with guns: 1) motorcyclist and car driver mix it up. Motorcycle guy stops his bike, walks up to the female car driver to ask her wtf. She pulls a gun as the law allows but he then backed up, hands raised. She killed him. She's in jail. 2) a few days ago an altercation started at a card game or something, jackass pulls a gun and fires some shots. Several houses away a 7 yr old is eating cereal at his kitchen table and is hit in the head and killed. Perp is still unknown and walking among us. For me this is proof there is no God, that no one is in charge. I have a gun for protection against coyotes and anything else that might need killing. I hope it never comes to that but at least I'm given the option.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
lennynatural said: I'm not going to get into a debate about warning shots. In a "stand your ground" state a woman was being threatened by her ex, she felt her safety and life were in danger, she had a gun and purposefully fired the gun away from the perp, hoping that it would scare him off. The bullet did not cause any harm to anyone. She was arrested and charged, tried and was sentenced to a prison term. In the same state another person started an argument with another person, either lost his temper (probable) or felt threatened, pulled out his weapon, shot and killed the other man (he was not even in his own home). He was given a free pass, no charges, citing the stand your ground law. So, what was different between the two cases? Although they were in the same state, it was different jurisdictions. Authorities in one locale being very relaxed about it (it makes their jobs easier) and the other jurisdiction holding people to a much higher standard. Also, the peoples races in the two incidents were different, the woman being a minority. I am not claiming there was overt racism but I recently read an article by a guns rights group that authorities tend to look at armed minorities more critically then they do with whites. Also, if the prosecutors in a locale are anti-gun, they tend to be more vigorous in those instances regardless of the state law.

So, I stand by my original assertion that the administration of justice is very even and is indeed a crap shoot. I find it troubling that victims of crime can be considered the criminals for defending themselves in a manner not allowed by statute.

I followed the first case and a few details were left out that changed everything, the woman that felt threatened by her ex-husband left the living room where her husband was with his two children, went to a bedroom got a pistol, returned to the living room and fired a shot at her ex-husband that missed as he tried to run out the door, this was the statement by their children and after she was arrested she came up with the warning shot story but it didn't matter because she had left and returned with the gun to confront him.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I live in Florida USA and have a Conceal Carry Permit for my pistol. The CCP are easy to get in most US states (FBI background check, fingerprint and no history of violent crime). I've had mine over 20 years now.
We also have what's called the "Castle Doctrine", which briefly states that your house is your Castle and you are able to protect yourself if anybody tries to break into you house with deadly force.
We also have what's called the "Stand Your Ground Doctrine" , meaning that if you are confronted with deadly force, you do not have to back down and if need be, to use deadly force to protect yourself.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Stand your ground.
In a bizarre turn there have people who started a fight, then killed the person when the other person tried to defend themselves and THEN claimed "stand your ground" defense. It only applies to the victim. Duh. In my state your castle is your home, your car if you're driving and your tent if you're camping.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Not to nitpick, but I don't think there is a "Stand Your Ground Doctrine." "Doctrine" implies a basis in either long establishment or broad agreement following philosophical and practical policy vetting.

Florida enacted the first Stand Your Ground law in the US twelve years ago. It wasn't well vetted at all. Dispassionately, it was a politically expedient solution to a nonexistent problem (for instance, any noteworthy history of undue prosecution of people protecting themselve with guns).

Leaving political rancor aside, the fact is it was written by the NRA's Florida staff as part of a well known national policy push to extend gun rights in a period perceived to be one in which gun rights were under threat, and knowing that Florida was low hanging fruit. It was passed by a Republican dominated legislature and signed into law by the Republican governor (Jeb Bush). While many (though not all) conservatives like the law many others, and across the political spectrum, don't.

It was and remains widely controversial, both as a matter of having vague definitions - and the resultant ambiguity in application in courts - as well as practical complications for law enforcement in a force environment. Virtually none of law enforcement in the State was or is in favor of the law, for instance.

It has resulted in some of those very cases the last commenter mentioned, where an instigator is free from prosecution by claiming it as a defense.

Florida passed an amendment to the statute just this month broadening the law. It shifts the burden of proof entirely to the government - that is, in a claim of self defense under the law, it's no longer the defendant's obligation to prove legitimate self defense to be protected under the law but, instead, the prosecution's obligation to prove otherwise.

One commenter above mentioned SYG allowing use of deadly force in self defense. That's not exactly right. That's always been legal "if need be" (as he put it). The obligation to retreat negated by SYG is a common law principle that's never been absolute, and was modified over (many) decades by rulings that established an arguable right to self defense when under deadly threat (that right in absence of SYG, obviously, varies from state to state). SYG codifies it in statute in a rigid and inelegant way.

Under the new laxness, the Florida Bar, legal scholars and law enforcement groups are predicting yet more outrageous headlines to come.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
lennynatural said: I'm not going to get into a debate about warning shots. In a "stand your ground" state a woman was being threatened by her ex, she felt her safety and life were in danger, she had a gun and purposefully fired the gun away from the perp, hoping that it would scare him off. The bullet did not cause any harm to anyone. She was arrested and charged, tried and was sentenced to a prison term. In the same state another person started an argument with another person, either lost his temper (probable) or felt threatened, pulled out his weapon, shot and killed the other man (he was not even in his own home). He was given a free pass, no charges, citing the stand your ground law. So, what was different between the two cases? Although they were in the same state, it was different jurisdictions. Authorities in one locale being very relaxed about it (it makes their jobs easier) and the other jurisdiction holding people to a much higher standard. Also, the peoples races in the two incidents were different, the woman being a minority. I am not claiming there was overt racism but I recently read an article by a guns rights group that authorities tend to look at armed minorities more critically then they do with whites. Also, if the prosecutors in a locale are anti-gun, they tend to be more vigorous in those instances regardless of the state law.

In the first case, the woman was prosecuted because she failed to meet the requirements of what Stand Your Ground 'is'. First off, she was in a place she was not legally allowed to be. She went to an ex's residence, put her car in the garage, and let herself in. She had a restraining order against her, and was not allowed to be on the property or have any contact with the individual. (Strike one).
The owner of the property returned home, and at some point they engaged in a verbal confrontation.
This is where that case goes sideways.
She claims 'self defense' and Stand Your Ground because he supposedly threatened her and her children (that lived with HIM). She willingly engaged in the confrontation (strike two). She LEFT the immediate area where the confrontation took place. (She went from the area of the confrontation to her vehicle in the garage, retrieved a firearm from her purse, and then reentered the living space of the dwelling. Strike three.) She then brandished the firearm, threatened the individual (strikes four and five), and then fired a warning shot(s) above the individuals head into the wall/ceiling (Strike six).

Strike one - you cannot engage in illegal activity and claim protection under Stand Your Ground or self defense.
Strike two - you cannot engage or participate in 'mutual combat' (ie, start or enter the altercation or argument) and then claim your actions are 'self defense' when they are not legal and/or lawful.
Strike three - you cannot remove yourself from the threat, then reenter the threat environment, and claim you 'stood your ground'. No, you left your ground.
Strike four - you cannot engage in ANY illegal activity and claim stand your ground or self defense. You can't pull a weapon and threaten someone because you had an argument.
Strike five - you CANNOT illegally discharge a weapon, regardless of where it's pointed, if you are not legally allowed to do so. (There are multiple state and local rules and laws prohibiting this).
Strike six - since the rounds were fired in the general direction of an individual, and there was no legal allowance to do so...
As Paul Harvey used to say... and now we have, the rest of the story.

The second case. I'm guessing was the nationally covered Neighborhood Watch person. Who was, legally in a place they were allowed to be, engaging in an act they were legally allowed to do. The defense in the case CLEARLY showed that the individual was then attacked in some way by the supposed 'victim'. The individual then produced a firearm and, since they were under attack and feared for their personal safety/life by the attack of the supposed 'victim', used the firearm to protect themselves.

And before anyone tries to go there, the case in question has audio tapes of a 911 dispatcher telling the person something about - you don't have to follow them, or you don't have to do that. I forget the exact wording.
Anyway, a 911 dispatcher has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NO, NONE, or ANY authority to tell a citizen or anyone else what they can or cannot do. In most cases, 911 dispatchers are not even law enforcement (and even if they are a LEO, it is irrelevant). They are paid employees who answer a phone and send appropriate units to various emergencies. They DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to restrict you from being places you are legally allowed to be! Period. Dot.
So, as was proven after a VERY expensive trial and lots of liberal hand wringing and whining... we have laws that work (until snowflakes get their hands on them and make perfectly good laws useless).

Forum Level:
Just getting started
queerasfolk said: Not to nitpick, but I don't think there is a "Stand Your Ground Doctrine." "Doctrine" implies a basis in either long establishment or broad agreement following philosophical and practical policy vetting.

Florida enacted the first Stand Your Ground law in the US twelve years ago. It wasn't well vetted at all. Dispassionately, it was a politically expedient solution to a nonexistent problem (for instance, any noteworthy history of undue prosecution of people protecting themselve with guns).

-- It wasn't passed for a nonexistent problem. It was passed because law abiding citizens were being prosecuted for defending themselves and their property inside their homes. That is FAR from nonexistent. The reason why you feel there isn't any "noteworthy history of undue prosecution" is because you don't want to look at facts that don't support your agenda.

Leaving political rancor aside, the fact is it was written by the NRA's Florida staff as part of a well known national policy push to extend gun rights in a period perceived to be one in which gun rights were under threat, and knowing that Florida was low hanging fruit. It was passed by a Republican dominated legislature and signed into law by the Republican governor (Jeb Bush). While many (though not all) conservatives like the law many others, and across the political spectrum, don't.

-- Of course not all across the political spectrum like it. And? The rest is, quite frankly, a parroting of anti-gun rhetoric.

It was and remains widely controversial, both as a matter of having vague definitions - and the resultant ambiguity in application in courts - as well as practical complications for law enforcement in a force environment. Virtually none of law enforcement in the State was or is in favor of the law, for instance.

-- It's only controversial because some people HATE the fact a person can protect themselves and their property. Nothing more, nothing less. The statement that "Virtually none of the law enforcement in the state was or is in favor of the law" is a complete lie. We can debate why a FEW of the police chiefs are against it... but to attempt to throw a blanket over ALL of the LEO's in the state is... well, I'll just say you are cherry picking facts from a FEW police chiefs to again support an agenda.

It has resulted in some of those very cases the last commenter mentioned, where an instigator is free from prosecution by claiming it as a defense.

-- The last commenter mentioned that the person WAS in fact prosecuted. They attempted to use 'Stand Your Ground', but they didn't meet any of the requirements for legally claiming it.

Florida passed an amendment to the statute just this month broadening the law. It shifts the burden of proof entirely to the government - that is, in a claim of self defense under the law, it's no longer the defendant's obligation to prove legitimate self defense to be protected under the law but, instead, the prosecution's obligation to prove otherwise.

-- So what you're saying is, with this 'new' amendment to the statute, the defendant is innocent until proven guilty by the state. Imagine that!!! What a great legal concept! I wonder where I've heard those words before? NO where else in our legal system is the charged person obligated to prove anything! That responsibility of proving guilt is up to the prosecutors. But I guess when a gun is involved, people forget basic Constitutional rights and the obligations the states and government has in the legal system.

One commenter above mentioned SYG allowing use of deadly force in self defense. That's not exactly right. That's always been legal "if need be" (as he put it). The obligation to retreat negated by SYG is a common law principle that's never been absolute, and was modified over (many) decades by rulings that established an arguable right to self defense when under deadly threat (that right in absence of SYG, obviously, varies from state to state). SYG codifies it in statute in a rigid and inelegant way.

-- No, he was exactly right. You are trying to mix two different concepts. The requirement to retreat IS an absolute in some states. It doesn't matter what the threat is, if you have ANY possible means of retreating you are required to do so. Which is... well, bullshit. There's no flowery way to say it. It's pure bullshit. The obligation to retreat IS and HAS BEEN absolute. Not "never been absolute"... it has been VERY absolute! In those states, the right to self defense is governed by someone's 'perception' of how or where you were supposed to retreat.
In a SYG state, you have to meet certain legal benchmarks. Like: are you somewhere you are legally allowed to be? Are you engaged in an act that is legal? Did you engage in, or participate in an altercation, and then claim or attempt to use 'self defense'? (Meaning, you can't start or participate in the argument/altercation, then it gets out of hand, and then you decide to use deadly force.)

Under the new laxness, the Florida Bar, legal scholars and law enforcement groups are predicting yet more outrageous headlines to come.

-- No, only the more liberal members of the Florida Bar... liberal legal 'scholars', and nonaffiliated 'law enforcement' groups (of which there are MANY in the state of Florida) are "predicting" such things. There is no "laxness"... there is simply a legal process that doesn't agree with your agenda The rest of law abiding folks are just glad they now have a way to protect ourselves from threats the snowflakes deny exist.

couple50s
Here in Canada we leave the doors unlocked for the most part. This means it is not often "break and enter" just "enter". It is pretty hard to defend yourself against a murder rap if all the person did was "enter"
Someone pretty much has to be actively trying to kill you in order for you to kill them. Even in cases of assault once you have the upper hand on the perp you have to stop assaulting them.
It is all a gray area really but then again it is also not the norm. Don't get me wrong we have some heavy duty prisons populated with some serious assholes that should never get out. Who knows, maybe we already got them all.
P.s....by spring marijuana sale and possession will be a legal reality here. By then if people are "entering" your home it is probably just to watch TV and see what you have in your fridge. This is a pretty chill country overall.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
couple50s said: Here in Canada we leave the doors unlocked for the most part. This means it is not often "break and enter" just "enter". It is pretty hard to defend yourself against a murder rap if all the person did was "enter"
Someone pretty much has to be actively trying to kill you in order for you to kill them. Even in cases of assault once you have the upper hand on the perp you have to stop assaulting them.
It is all a gray area really but then again it is also not the norm. Don't get me wrong we have some heavy duty prisons populated with some serious assholes that should never get out. Who knows, maybe we already got them all.
P.s....by spring marijuana sale and possession will be a legal reality here. By then if people are "entering" your home it is probably just to watch TV and see what you have in your fridge. This is a pretty chill country overall.
I guess Canada and sweden are more alike there
we ve been spoiled not having to much to worry about
that when things go south and we defend ourselves we re fucked

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
warning shot my foot.......If I fire my weapon, it is to drop the person threatening my, or a member of my family's life. Im not going to give him/her the opportunity to fire back. If they are willing to do something crazy like break into a house, I'd be willing to bet they are armed.