view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
freekforpussy
Colorado's legal pot industry off to smoking start

A veteran, who says he suffers from PTSD, was first in line to buy marijuana at a Colorado store. The state is the first in the country to allow the sale of recreational marijuana.
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
Colorado's legal recreational marijuana industry kicked off Wednesday with an Iraq war veteran who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder making the first pot purchase under the new law.
Sean Azzariti of Denver, who helped campaign for Amendment 64, bought an eighth of an ounce of a strain called Bubba Kush and a pot-infused edible truffle for $59 at the 3D Cannabis Center — one of two dozen retailers that began selling up to an ounce of weed to adults starting at 8 a.m. mountain time.
"It's pretty surreal," the cashier told Azzariti, who was not able to buy medical marijuana with his diagnosis.

pizza pizza pizza beer beer beer

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor

If this reply breaks our rules please 
teamuniverse
By by Colorado, it was nice knowing u.........on your way down, say high to that other drop out Amsterdam will you........by the way, when u start to experience social and mental problems, it is the pot causing it despite your own denial of the fact.......

quietmicpl
teamuniverse said: By by Colorado, it was nice knowing u.........on your way down, say high to that other drop out Amsterdam will you........by the way, when u start to experience social and mental problems, it is the pot causing it despite your own denial of the fact.......

no no no no no!

joeytomatoes
i think the rest of country will take a "wait and see" attitude toward it... from what i heard on the news channels the price is roughly the same as what it costs on the street... you can buy an ounce if your a state resident but a 1/4 ounce if your not... obviously you can't take it out on state... so whats the big deal other than to increase tourist traffic and state revenues from taxes... given the price... other than the legality of it there is little to no incentive to travel to the mile high city or other environs of colorado...

just waitin to see if the cartels drop their prices lower than the state does laugh laugh a price war would be fun to watch w00t w00t not that the cartels make their biggest dollars off of weed...

maybe this explains were chief pot for brains and da clown have been hiding laugh laugh campin out in the high country laugh laugh

teamuniverse
........have u ever been to amsterdam?......a heck of a lot of drop outs and junkies and beggars and very skinny types in need of a chicken dinner.......but of course, its nothing to do with pot.......

teamuniverse
by the way........despite my warnings of cannabis use......i just bought an anthology of the british magazine "homegrown" (long out of print) for old time sake....... smile Im an ex pot head, gave it up 13 years ago because i just couldnt handle artistic genius any longer and i needed a chicken dinner...... cool

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
teamuniverse said: ........have u ever been to amsterdam?......a heck of a lot of drop outs and junkies and beggars and very skinny types in need of a chicken dinner.......but of course, its nothing to do with pot.......

I have an apartment there and love the place.

Yes, it attracts slackers, potheads, etc. but I still find it preferable over most cites. I mean, in Amsterdam I walk the streets at 2 AM and not worry about my safety. I sure as hell don't feel that safe in NYC, London, Chicago, etc.

I made the decision to buy there because of one particular night: New Years Eve 1997. I was there on vacation...in the square at midnight with thousands of other people...everyone was drinking and having fun...and there were NO fights. NONE! The cops were walking around smiling, they weren't even armed....
I was like, "Oh, yeah--I like this vibe."

The world has changed a lot since then...Amsterdam isn't as great as it used to be. But it's still pretty kick ass.

Maybe you just need to spend some time in a really, truly fucked up city. Let me drop you off in New Orleans or Newark for a week--then I bet you'll see Amsterdam in a whole new light. thumbup

Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
By the way, I don't smoke pot either.

I don't drink, smoke pot, or do any of that sort of stuff.
Not anymore anyway...
Back in my youth I was all "PAAAR-TAYYYY!" happydance

But now I'm more like, "NAAA-AAAAPPPP!" sleep

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Good to hear that the State is so forward thinking ! rolleyes

joeytomatoes
seems like a winner for the state....

"Post growers in the state sold pounds of the sticky green drug to hordes of eager users and estimate across-the-board sales at $1 million on the first day the law took effect.

Retail marijuana is being heavily taxed, with a 10 percent tax per sale and a 15 percent excise tax based on the average market rate of the drug.

Colorado has projected $67 million in annual marijuana tax revenue."

i'll bet that liberal dumbocrat governor of maryland martin o'malley is payin close attention... yet another thing to tax...

teamuniverse
.....and thats what its all about joey........tax........nothing else, just tax.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
teamuniverse said: by the way........despite my warnings of cannabis use......i just bought an anthology of the british magazine "homegrown" (long out of print) for old time sake....... smile Im an ex pot head, gave it up 13 years ago because i just couldnt handle artistic genius any longer and i needed a chicken dinner...... cool

I'd like to see examples of your ingenious artwork. smile

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Seems a strange view Teamuniverse, coming from an inhabitant of a nation that commissioned it's own experts to study the evils of drug abuse, under your last political incumbents, to be informed by them that in a league table of their conclusions, topped by cigarettes and alcohol, considered real killers, most street drugs were deemed as comparatively safe!
Screw bottle tops kill more people a year than drugs! but of course they do not inspire the moral outrage of the press or do-gooders.
A survey of surfaces in your pubs and public places revealed an alarmingly high usage of coke, was there an outcry in your parliament, no but that could be down to the fact the surfaces there were checked and returned the same percentage.
What right have any of us to judge others when they are not hurting us, just think of what a lot of other folk would say if they knew one was on this site!

George061

Pot sales are going great here in Colorado; so great that Gov. Hickenlooper is said to be considering a proclamation changing the state song. The new state song? Yep, you guessed it:

teamuniverse
46SIZE2 said: Seems a strange view Teamuniverse, coming from an inhabitant of a nation that commissioned it's own experts to study the evils of drug abuse, under your last political incumbents, to be informed by them that in a league table of their conclusions, topped by cigarettes and alcohol, considered real killers, most street drugs were deemed as comparatively safe!
Screw bottle tops kill more people a year than drugs! but of course they do not inspire the moral outrage of the press or do-gooders.
A survey of surfaces in your pubs and public places revealed an alarmingly high usage of coke, was there an outcry in your parliament, no but that could be down to the fact the surfaces there were checked and returned the same percentage.
What right have any of us to judge others when they are not hurting us, just think of what a lot of other folk would say if they knew one was on this site!
.......well, firstly i am not going to believe the findings of the experts above the findings of my own life experience of cannabis use.......often it is scientists (of course) who run tests on drugs such as cannabis and they are looking for "material damage" to the brain or body.....ie, tangible physical proof of harm, but most harm is to the mind, something that scientists cannot physically pinpoint and so to them, it does not exist......ask a load of psychiatrists about the damage cannabis does and they will tell u countless tales of psychosis etc.......secondly, i am not judging anyone for using cannabis i am pointing out the potential dangers of it from my own experience, and in essense, i am pointing it out to people who are similar to me (im a pot head at heart) who do not believe that it can do them any harm......im helping my own kind......

teamuniverse
LordRebellion said:
teamuniverse said: by the way........despite my warnings of cannabis use......i just bought an anthology of the british magazine "homegrown" (long out of print) for old time sake....... smile Im an ex pot head, gave it up 13 years ago because i just couldnt handle artistic genius any longer and i needed a chicken dinner...... cool

I'd like to see examples of your ingenious artwork. smile

well......if u look at my pics on here, u will see in the background a small section of bedhead which is part of a four poster bed that i designed and made some 5 years ago.....lol.....not much to see i know!......i have lots of my work on face book......i am not restricted to designing and making furniture......i can also paint and sculpt and draw, and sew and build.....i always have projects on the go and always will........i also used to teach art and design at a major art college in the north of england......when i think of it again i will post a pic or 2 in the hobbies section......

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
teamuniverse said: .....and thats what its all about joey........tax........nothing else, just tax.

Actually it's more than just tax. This should reduce the incidents of putting people in jail for unlawful possession and use which will be a savings to the justice system and public monies. Also, most people will opt to buy their pot at a legal store where they only sell pot, rather than the illegal dealer who might be encouraging them to try other substances as well.

We know from actual experience that making pot illegal does not deter people from obtaining and using it. That's a fact. So I think this is a step in the right direction. We'll have to let this play out and see what happens.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
lennyknatural said:
teamuniverse said: .....and thats what its all about joey........tax........nothing else, just tax.

Actually it's more than just tax. This should reduce the incidents of putting people in jail for unlawful possession and use which will be a savings to the justice system and public monies. Also, most people will opt to buy their pot at a legal store where they only sell pot, rather than the illegal dealer who might be encouraging them to try other substances as well.

We know from actual experience that making pot illegal does not deter people from obtaining and using it. That's a fact. So I think this is a step in the right direction. We'll have to let this play out and see what happens.

agree completely!

teamuniverse
T4Texas said:
lennyknatural said:

agree completely!

like I said.....tax

Forum Level:
Just getting started
lennyknatural said:

Well said.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
It goes without saying that a number of people have problems with pot but these instances pale into insignificance in comparison to the dangers of alcohol and cigarettes and their related problems, such as violence to third parties under the influence of drink.
Pot may cause some habitual users mental problems and induce a state of lethargy in certain others but fast food makes a large part of the population obese, lethargic and unhealthy so is that to be banned for the sensible eaters thus placing them in the predicament of being law breakers?

teamuniverse
.......it may well turn out ok in colorado, it depends on the culture.........i remember very well when our then chancellor gordon brown relaxed the uk drinking hours laws so that pubs and bars could stay open 24 hours a day so that he could create "a cafe culture" much along the lines of the cafe culture in France, that was his stated intention. He had no understanding on this matter (along with many, many other matters) that the british dont drink in the same way as the french, we have a tendency to drink to get drunk where as the french drink for the joy of a good drink with good food, the result was (is) that we now have a serious problem of "binge drinking" amongst the young....... the same would happen here if we legalised pot.....here, its a lifestyle thing, most of its illegal users tend to have several spliffs at a time not, for example, just a single spliff after work at home. I have no idea of the cultural tendencies in colorado but i shall follow the outcomes there with interest.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
War on drugs update...
Drugs win again.

They are one tough SOB to wage war against!

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
If marijuana is legalized one state at a time it can always be outlawed again if problems develop.

When marijuana is legalized, consumption will increase. Although minors will not be allowed to buy it, more of them will get their hands on it.

The disadvantages of outlawing marijuana are obvious.

The disadvantages of legalizing marijuana are about to become obvious. scared

I want the courts to stay out of this. I want the issue to be decided by state legislatures and governors. 2c

Forum Level:
Just getting started
My daughter is a teenager and I know that hear in Missouri a teenager can get their hands on just about any drug at any time. Most teens will tell you it is easier for them to buy drugs that alcohol.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
46SIZE2 said: It goes without saying that a number of people have problems with pot but these instances pale into insignificance in comparison to the dangers of alcohol and cigarettes and their related problems, such as violence to third parties under the influence of drink.
Pot may cause some habitual users mental problems and induce a state of lethargy in certain others but fast food makes a large part of the population obese, lethargic and unhealthy so is that to be banned for the sensible eaters thus placing them in the predicament of being law breakers?
Most people do not have problems with marijuana, other than the danger of being caught. scared

Some people who have problems with marijuana would have had problems with strong tea. They have addictive personalities.

Others are neurotic, and take marijuana to treat their neurosis.

The problems come first. The marijuana comes second, and should not be blamed for the problems.

Of course, there are some people who should not smoke marijuana, just as there are some who should not drink alcohol. 2c

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Your right, there's even been cases of people dying from drinking too much water, it's a crazy old world!

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
46SIZE2 said: Your right, there's even been cases of people dying from drinking too much water, it's a crazy old world!

Too much homogenized milk can lead to obesity and heart disease. scared

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Well, i must be honest that i was very sceptic about the medical benefits of marijuana, back in the day. I didn't not believe those people saying that it really helped them overcome certain conditions like nausea, anxiety or depression. However, back in 2018, my dad started to suffer of PTSD. We tried a lot of things. Nothing really helped him. So my sister was trying to convince me and try to give him some medical marijuana or maybe cbd. Well, it wasn't the easiest decision for me. However it really helped him! Due to it, my dad really started to like mj, and since the pandemic started, he was dissapointed that he couldn't get his stuff. However since he found the weed delivery in Washington DC, he has been high permanently.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Waldenverney said: Well, i must be honest that i was very sceptic about the medical benefits of marijuana, back in the day. I didn't not believe those people saying that it really helped them overcome certain conditions like nausea, anxiety or depression. However, back in 2018, my dad started to suffer of PTSD. We tried a lot of things. Nothing really helped him. So my sister was trying to convince me and try to give him some medical marijuana or maybe cbd. Well, it wasn't the easiest decision for me. However it really helped him! Due to it, my dad really started to like mj, and since the pandemic started, he was dissapointed that he couldn't get his stuff. However since he found the weed delivery in Washington DC, he has been high permanently.

Could you give me a couple of details about their services?

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.53 seconds