view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
A Thinker
Hilarious Hyjinxs from under the Hood...
Post your hilarious stories of car repairs gone awry!

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
A Thinker
My best friend and I laugh our asses off to this day about a guy we used to know. Now when I say this guy was a certifiable idiot, I'm not joking. He always had sort of a half grin, yet slightly confused look on his face.

This ass "worked" on his truck all weekend, thinking he was some sort of gear-head. Asshat called up my buddy when he was all finished to explain there was this "hand full" of bolts left over from all the work. My buddy, being somewhat of an actual gear-head, agreed to come over to take a look at it.

However, Asshat says he'll drive over to my buddy's place to figure out where all these bolts might go. Asshat jumps in his truck and gets about 1/2 mile down the road when all of the sudden his entire driver's side wheel pops right off....

Yup. Those were lug nuts in his hand.

He apparently put one of the five lug nuts on, then got sidetracked. He actually could not identify lug nuts by their distinct shape.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
Oh, that's bad AI. Back when I was in high school, I was at a friends house one Saturday. Another friend stopped by and asked if he could borrow friend #1's jack and jack stands to change his oil. Friend #1 told him to go ahead and change it right there. The guy jacks up his VW Beetle, pulls the drain plug and starts draining oil. While that's draining, he changes the oil filter. He finished, pulled the drain pan out, sat the car back down and said he had to haul ass to meet a girl for a date. Friend #1 takes the jack back to the garage while I went to dump the old oil out of the drain pan. It looked like a lot of oil for a VW....realized it was when I dumped the pan and found the drain plug in it! Friend #2 had forgotten to put it back in the car....so all 4 quarts of oil drained right back out. Needless to say, he called about 10 minutes later complaining that his car had blown up. LOL

Forum Level:
A Thinker
^^^ Oh, man. That would completely suck.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
hard to kill vw's.
without a doubt one of the best/durable cars in the world.

I drove from Ind. to San Diego in 1.Along about Ks. it started making funny sounds.Checked the fluid levels etc,all was okay.So I continued my trip until I came to the Rockies.Geezzzzzzz,Like to NEVER had made it over the hump.Once I got on the down hill side,it was like that little piggy ad.......wheee whee whheeeeeeeee.
Anyway,got to SD and had a mechanic look at it.He said the head was BROKE,not cracked and that what I head was a peice of it clunking away.Couldn't believe I had made the trip much less across the rockies.

Ignorance is bliss...lol.

by the time I got to the top I could'va literally outpaced the carspeed.I look back and I'm BEFUDDLED. blink

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Had a customer come in and buy a battery, and I offered to install it. He instantly got defensive saying that he is not an idiot and can change his own battery (I'm guessing was trying to look manly for ole girl that was with him). About 20 or so minutes later comes back in raising hell saying his new battery was junk. I grab the tester and walk out to test it, and soon as I look at it I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud! He failed to remove the plastic caps from the battery post....

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.8 seconds