|First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last||Page 1 of 11|
|Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:33:59 PM- My Tribute|
For all the Australians and New Zealanders who fought for our countries, those that died doing it and for the ones who made it home, we shall never forget.
I had no family that fought in any war but that doesnt mean, in any way, I dont have respect those that did. If it wasnt for those who did fight, who knows where we would all be today. I know I wouldnt be around as my father came out from Europe as a child with his family of 4, parents and a sister, after WWII had ended for a better life in Australia. They became Australians and worked hard all their life as Primary Producers.
So to the ones who did fight, I salute you all.
I was only 19 by Redgum
I have always loved this song, and yes, it does send chills down my spine.
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
Lest we Forget
|Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 6:29:11 AM- So,|
....for Easter this year I went away for the weekend. It was good, and just what I needed, some peace and quiet of the country without all the hustle n bustle of the city. Maybe not country but in amongst the bush where you wake up to birds chirping and singing their morning tunes, watching the sunrise from my bed and one morning, it was a cracker of a sunrise ( nope no pics cause I couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to take a photo of it haha :) sitting around chatting to a few friends in the sunshine enjoying a cold bevvie or 2 ( or more )
We took ourselves off for a short drive here n there seeing what there was on offer and found a couple of gems. Places I want to go back to and see again, and luckily they aren't that far away from home either. (even better)
All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend, one I wish I could have stayed longer but ...oh well....another time for another adventure.
thought I might share a couple of photos from my trip with you all too, for those that do read this anyway. :)
The photos dont the places justice tho.
:) Hope you enjoy
|Sunday, March 26, 2017, 3:18:09 AM- Books|
Here goes ....
There are way too many that judge books by their covers. The content is much more valuable but unless you have that cover, most won’t take that chance to read it.
You see it way too often, in real life and on places or sites like this one, where people only see the beauty in looks. Unless you have that skinny, model, perfect shaped body, you don’t get much of a look in. Some may and will disagree with that but overall, much of the time, it is true. And to find one in the small minority is bloody hard. All books have some sort of imperfections, some fixable, some not. Some are a work in progress to improve so people will want to read them but that can take time, and sometimes money. Then, there are the ones who may joke and laugh with you and seem to get along fine and you think, wow, this one seems keen or interested and you let yourself get close take an interest in them, and over a period of time, one thing leads to another, and the outer covering comes off WHAM! they run because they don’t like what is underneath, and no, I don’t mean what is inside, and that huge guard fence you have is taken down only to have it fall back and hurt you instead.
And before anyone thinks otherwise, this is coming from life experiences from the years gone by, of what has happened to me in the past. And now as the years are slipping by what seems to be faster each year, being on my own for the rest of my life seems inevitable.
I am not writing this for sympathy or any other bullshit some may come at me with, but to try and express myself instead of bottling things up inside, which is what I do. And why don’t I say how I am feeling, because it has never been something I have been able to do, unless it was with my best friend while on the booze and dutch courage takes over. Haha, ironic that I do happen to be half dutch.
So, now, why don’t I feel better for having said this? Because I don’t know, I can’t answer that one either.
And will probably remove this too for feeling silly and embarrassed for spilling my inner thoughts to the world.
For those that do read this and understand, Thank you !!
I love waterfalls, they are so peaceful, and a wonderful place to sit and think
|Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 10:56:32 AM- just a few of the friendly Joe Blows ...|
I guess 21 outta 25 aint to bad, least its not all of them ...... :eek:
So, now who is coming to Straya??
|Friday, January 20, 2017, 9:23:28 AM- Thunderstruck|
another version of Thunderstruck with bagpipes to go along with Darwin's blog
this is in Fremantle WA and have seen it live , brilliant !
and We will Rock you
|Thursday, December 15, 2016, 2:53:40 PM- just ....|
fuck, fuck, fuk !!!
|Friday, November 11, 2016, 9:54:29 AM- Ha ha ha|
An airplane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.
The 1st passenger said, "I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player. The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can't afford to die." So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.
The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, "I am the newly-elected U.S. President, and I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don't want me to die." He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.
The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10 year old schoolboy, "My son, I am old and don't have many years left, you have more years ahead so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."
The little boy said, "That's okay, Your Holiness, there's a parachute left for you. America 's smartest President took my schoolbag.
sorry I just had to with this one ;)
|Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 2:18:31 AM- For those of you in the US of A .....|
that have a sense of humour :)
I just had to share this. It is coming from a British point of view but as the Aussies and Brits are very similar or the same as in wording and how we spell things I thought this was worth sharing :)
A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN
To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)
Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).
Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.
Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.
To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').
2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'
3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.
4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.
5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.
6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British ( and Aussie) sense of humour.
7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.
8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar or Tomato sauce.
9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter and Aussie beers will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.
10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.
11. You will cease playing American football. There only two kinds of proper football; you call it soccer and the game we know as Aussie rules. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).
12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.
13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.
14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!
|Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 6:01:56 AM- New day|
Its been a while since I have blogged a photo of any sort. So, I thought that with what life has coming up for me that this one has some sort of meaning for me. The sun rising to begin a new day, just like after this weekend and the one after that hopefully a new beginning can be around the corner for myself also. I have not so much been dwelling on the past few years but often finding myself asking the same question over and over again, why did it have to happen to me, I wasnt ready for this. I didnt expect this to happen for a long time to come yet, why did someone think it was time to end ones life ? You were supposed to be here for this time in my life. I remember the day you said I was half way, now I will soon be at that time and your not here when you should have been! I just wish you were here with me.
The sun rising over the calm ocean signalling the beginning of a new day.
So peaceful to sit and watch the small gentle waves of the ocean softly break on the sandy beach.
Oh and one last thing, to all my haters, I am not after the attention you all say I crave for ( but its ok for you to look for it yourselves), I am just expressing how I am feeling right now which is what so many of you do.
And if you dont like what I have to say then fuck off and dont read my blog :)
That is all for now :D
|Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 12:54:52 AM- Friends...|
How well do you really know someone? have you told someone to much and not so much regretted telling them, but now wish you hadn't told certain things?
Ah shit, I have lost my train of reasoning for this blog so will remove what I have typed until I can think straight again and replace it with what I am actually trying to say .......
But I will say this, before you judge a person, before you even think you know a person just be mindful that you dont know the person at all and there might just be somethings that are deeply hidden from sight, thoughts that you dont know about, and feelings you have no idea on.
I dont even know if this makes any sense to be honest.....
ciao for now
|First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last||Page 1 of 11|